My new mare, CCR My Name Is Rio!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knottymare

Reaction score
Just wanted to shout it to the world that Rio will be coming to live with me on Saturday. I have no immediate plans to do anything more than pleasure drive her and make her a beloved member of our family. She'll be joining my adopted rescue mare Dolly and my other cutie mare Sparky aka Mimsy.

Thank you so much to Kim Schult for letting us take her royalty and make a sweet pet out of her. Rio is the darn of CCR Mighty Hot Salsa who did quite well at the Western Regionals...

ree2012.jpg

582459_401195129925086_1588579335_n.jpg

Congratulations! What a great choice -- She's gorgeous, her sire is fantastic, and Kim is such great people!

Thanks! I'm so excited. Can't wait to bring her home. I just re-read my post and it looks like LB must have auto-fix for words that appear to be swear words because she is now the "darn" of Rico LOL.

I'm really hoping to be out and about at the local happenings with my girls if for not other reason than to socialize. I was just getting started when I got hurt and then sick and so it's nice to be back in the loop...

I just re-read my post and it looks like LB must have auto-fix for words that appear to be swear words because she is now the "darn" of Rico LOL.
This should go on the website, D@mn You, Autocorrect!

Does this mean that the forum server is a PC PC?

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Mary! Cant wait til you get her home and she is demanding attention from you! She is really funny!

This should go on the website, D@mn You, Autocorrect!

Does this mean that the forum server is a PC PC?
Considering that 3-letter D word isn't a swear word, the forum sensor isn't working right.
default_doh.gif
default_rolleyes.gif

Congrats Mary! Cant wait til you get her home and she is demanding attention from you! She is really funny!
I was thinking about her while I was playing with Dolly and Mimsy today. Wondering how long it will take for her to learn the routine. My girls come when they are called and pretty much follow me everywhere... it will be fun to integrate her. Can't wait!

Oh boy, congratulations!
default_thumbup.gif

She is beautiful.
default_yes.gif
Thanks. I am so excited. If I had known how much fun minis were, I would have by passed big horses. You see, horses have been a lifelong dream for me. I grew up poor as dirt so my exposure was gained by walking other people's hot horses at the rent stable in the city I grew up in. Eventually, as it goes for so many kids, I'd get to ride and eventually babysit other people's horses. My own first horse was a pack string horse that was not able to keep up with pack string duties but was an awesome horse. I was pregnant at the time and working the local lookout tower. I'd go ride this horse as soon as I could hot foot it out of the tower at the end of the day because he carried me like a carton of eggs. When I found out that the horse was headed for slaughter at the end of the season, I snatched him up. I didn't even have a place to live! I kept him, bouncing from pasture to pasture, rode him in parades, even carried the American flag once (pregnant with #2 who was born the day after the parade), till finally he retired as a therapy horse. Wasn't able to have horses again till I turned 45 and of course, dove right back into rescue.

Had to finally give up the dream, or so I thought, recently due to health issues. My first mini is the one I'm driving now, Dolly, who was a throw away that I adopted to keep my big mare company. Sweetest, most biddable horse I've ever met. Then I got Sparky (who we call Mimsy cause she's so cute) who is also incredibly sweet and would lay in my lap all day if I let her. Saturday, Rio will join us.

Minis are amazing horses. I love that they are every bit horse but in a package that I can handle. I've said it before - minis put the wings back on my back.

You'll love love love Rio.

Kim's horses have such lovely temperaments.

My girlfriend bought one of her mares some years ago now.

I had her here with me for awhile and was sad to see her go

when she had a place to move her to closer to home.

Thanks! I'm counting down the hours LOL... first thing Saturday I get to go pick her up. I'm really excited about meeting Mr. as well. He's always been a fave of mine.

Back