My new boys are here!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K&H Miniatures

Reaction score
Ricky and Duke arrived at their new home today. My dad and I went and picked them up this morning before it got too hot. They are wonderful. Ricky (the silver bay) measured 31 inches and Duke measured 30. They have some wonderful bloodlines in them. They have known each other since birth and have been together. I got a fairly good deal on them because they wanted to keep them together. The lady I got them from had them stalled turned out seperately, but the lady that raised them said they should be fine kept together. They have fought some today. Will they quit??? They don't fight constantly. I will be watching them and if they get to fighting too much I will have to move one of them down to my mother's house or something. I think they are fine. I don't hear them out their right now. Anyway let me know what you think about these guys. I would love to show them next year if I can get them conditioned and learn how to show. Do they look like they would do good in shows? What ones? Thanks I am soo proud of them. They are such beautiful horses.

This is before we brought him home this morning.

l_5dcd93e47b0325cb3a282527e1141029.jpg

l_825821cea02d925727050e036ffc4832.jpg

l_1faf800412e6f45338bc388f70f1d5cc.jpg

l_750879f4c90ff28b3d2dedd91efbec96.jpg

Here is Ricky

l_8912d72d7ff544101f5efebaca44fd0d.jpg

l_9606bf1b69e0431df6273e6bfeb39f83.jpg

l_1c0471974af053151888f062d2a0cb8a.jpg

l_65f85267bcf80d46d700ba7d0f9781f5.jpg

l_b394980bf1b9c2665d0214eb3c9e76b1.jpg

I personally wouldnt have them out together. Two stallions together in my opinion is asking for trouble.

As for showing, they would be more competative as geldings verses stallions.

Congratulations on your new boys
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png

For the shows, I'd see them being the most competitive in color and with training in some performance possibly. I don't see them as contenders in halter classes at registry shows. The halter type for geldings and stallions is much more fine boned and upright from what I've seen these days.

Ashley's thoughts are similar to my own about keeping two stallions together. I had to take my stallion out of being with the geldings he GREW UP WITH as a 2yo because he was playing with them way, way too rough. Stallion fights can seem to come out of nowhere (like all is peaceful until they blow up) and horses can be killed and people seriously hurt trying to break them apart.

After they settle in and start thinking of your place as their place, I'd expect the dynamics could change quickly so just keep a really close eye on them. And gelding one of them may not (probably will not) be enough to safely keep them together but if they were both geldings, you could have some life long buddies on your hands...

And, gelding a horse is not something to do just because they are not today's show style. I've gelded a lot of colts and stallions that are plenty nice enough to be show stallions (some with titles to prove it) and bred to the 9's on paper, but ... GELDINGS are the most fun all around. Of my stallions, mares and geldings, it's the geldings I love and enjoy the most (so don't disregard geldings and undesirable as many mini people do).

This year, I have a homebred colt that we think is REALLY nice and I'm so happy he's nice exactly because I want to geld him and have a top notch homebred show gelding to take out and SHOW. If not for my breeding aspirations, ALL my horses would be geldings.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back