My New Big Horse!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferrah

Reaction score
I bought a new riding horse! Her name is Maddie and she is a two year old sorrel Quarter Horse X Haflinger! She is already almost 15 hands. She is a sweet, stout filly and yes...a little on the well fed side! I just got her and she has never left her home before so it is pretty traumatic for her. She is pretty herd bound and I am hoping all it will take is time for her to build her confidence enough that I can work her alone in the arena instead of having to bring another horse in every time. If anyone has any suggestions, I welcome them!

Here she is:

DSC02152.jpg

DSC02151.jpg

DSC02150.jpg

DSC02149.jpg

DSC02148.jpg

DSC02147.jpg

Very pretty. She has a very strong profile, and I'd guess she will give you a run for your money LOL, but once you have her confidence you will have a friend. Give her time to settle in and adjust before you start asking too much of her in the round pen - she needs to be comfortable with her surroundings in order to pay attention to you. Have fun with her.
default_smile.png

Jan

Give her plenty of time to settle in and get into routine before you start trying to work with her.

When you feel she is ready, then I would work with her absolutely 100% without bringing another horse into the area. I would not get that started at all. Another reason why I don't like riding rings built right next to the barn.

Good luck with her!

Very Pretty girl!! She reminds me of our haflinger x POA mare. Same face
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back