My New "Baby"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She's adorable, Mona.
default_wub.png
: Just maybe Baylee had his paw involved in your finding her?

MA

She's beautiful! I love the brindles with white. They are stunning!

Congratulations Mona! She's a beautiful pup and looks so sweet.
default_wub.png
:

You could just kiss, and kiss that beautiful face. Congratulations on your new puppy she a beauty.
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:

:aktion033: So happy for you! And she's a doll!!!

OK, so what is a reverse brindle? I'm not all that educated on brindles and have never heard of that. My favorite breeds don't come in brindle, so I thought I'd ask
default_yes.gif
:

:aktion033: So happy for you! And she's a doll!!!

OK, so what is a reverse brindle? I'm not all that educated on brindles and have never heard of that. My favorite breeds don't come in brindle, so I thought I'd ask
default_yes.gif
:
Thanks everyone for the nice comments! I can't wait until Saturday!
default_wub.png
:

As for a reverse brindle, I am not even sure this girl IS one, but she is dark enough for what I was wanting. A reverse brindle is just the opposite of regular, so for example, if a brindle has a red coat with black stripes, a reverse brindle would look more black, with red stripes. Some are even referred to as seal, because they are almost pure black looking, and have only very slight brindling. I didn't want that kind...I just wanted a dark brindle...one with a lot of black, and I think that is what I have. I am tickled with it anyway!
default_yes.gif
:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some pics to try and explain better. This first one is the color that made me fall in love with this color of Boxer many, many years ago. She is what I consider a reverse brindle.

boxers2.jpg

This is a group of brindle boxers. Note the difference in them...2 are "classic" brindles and one is a reverse brindle. See the difference?

boxers1.jpg

This dog is the sire to my girl. I am not sure if he is considered a regular or reverse brindle. I suspect my girl will be similar, but with more black brindling, giving an even darker appearance than him.

draco-sire.jpg

And finally, this is a pic showing the body color of Shimmer. I think she will be considered a reverse brindle, but if not, she is still plenty dark enough for me!
default_yes.gif
:

brindle.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Mona, She is spectacular!! Baylee is sooooo happy for both of you!

Lyn

Mona, I'm really happy for you.

I wish you many wonderful years of happiness with your new bouncing baby.

I'm glad you had the guts to do it.

How about sending some my way ? :saludando:

Thanks Marty...but you know what? It's not about having guts. It's just that we are all different. Everyone handles thier losses in their own way...there is no right, and no wrong way of doing things. Personally speaking, for me, I have always had to rush into getting another dog. The new dog can never replace the last, however, I seem to need that, to focus my mind on something positive again, instead of dwelling on sadness. It's just the way I work.

I also have friends that have lost a beloved pet, and said never again...no more, and that is what feels right for them. Others say they will take a lot of time before they get another, and again, that is good...whatever suits the individual.

So if you choose never to get another, or if you choose to wait a long time, or even if you choose to get another now, it is strictly YOUR way of dealing with the loss of your last pet, and that is the way it must be for you. I wish you the best of luck in whatever you choose to do. HUGS to you Marty, I know you have had more than your fair share of loss.

Marty, your day will come. You aren't quite ready yet, but someday, that perfect little pup will touch your heart and fill some of the emptiness you have.
default_cheekkiss.gif
:

Thanks Mona! I get it now. I love that look! Congrats again
default_yes.gif
:

[SIZE=10pt]She is ADORABLE!! Cant wait to see more pics - congrats!![/SIZE]

Lori

Mona she is absolutely adorable!!!!
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
: Congratulations! :aktion033: :aktion033:

Ooooh my gosh!!!!!!! MONA, she is so cute!!!!! I could just squeeze her to pieces!!!!
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

Mona..she is so CUTE!!!
default_wub.png
:

I never knew what wonderful personalities boxers had till my son got some..he now has 2 and they are just the BEST!!
default_yes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back