My new Appaloosa !!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you
default_smile.png
To update, financially I wasn't able to register him with AMHA/R, but did register him in a little known registry ISHR and he was already with WCMHR. These registries aren't your rated registries, but it gives the horse owner paperwork showing his lineage and ancestry heights and colors, which is great reference material.

And yes, I did do the LP test on him and the results were LP/lp meaning he has a 50% chance of passing on his spots. So in 2014, his first foals were born....beautiful babies, but no spots. Both dams were solid.

From doing my own research, I have found that the leopard, varnish or snowflake appys have a bigger chance of passing along spots, and often this is where the blanket appys are produced. But more often than not, the blanket appys don't pass on the spots.

Luke is the mellowest stallion, but I will likely geld him , because I would really like to show him. And show off that beautiful butt of his
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Gayze!

Now that was a surprise email! Your Kestral is a pretty girl and yes, related to my boy. I tried to see your profile picture larger, but it wouldn't let me. I am "friends" with Outback Miniatures on Facebook, so I do know who they are. I love the appaloosas', too. I have more pics of Luke on our FB farm page, Little Jimmy's Creekside Minis. I may have a picture of Diablo, I will try to find it and get it to you.

Karin
Hi, Karin. I've just connected with OBM on Facebook, too, and we've been sharing pictures and chatting. I've got one pic of Diablo from Kelly, though it shows his beautiful spots, it's a bit dark and hard to see his face. If you have others, I'd love to see them. :)

There are other pictures of Kestrel and her stable-mate, Starling here, if you'd like to see them. It's so nice to meet you and Luke!

Starling and Kestrel

Latest posts

Back