my new addition

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevycouple

Reaction score
I just got official word that I get to be the new mom of a weanling colt (to be gelded) He isn't registable except maybe WCMHR. His daddy wasn't registered
no.gif
Thats OK because he will be a good "pet"
wub.gif
Once he gets settled in I will start the adventure of a show quality mini. For now I get to sit back and wait in excitement for him to get weaned. I will pick a name after he gets here. I will send pics as soon as I figure out how
rolleyes.gif
Thanks for letting me share.

Leigha

Yea!!! How exciting for you. Geldings are soooo much fun.

When you settle on his name be sure and let us all know. What color is he? How old is he? Tell us more.

Va Lynda Ann

He is a Buckskin colt. Born on June 7 2005. Easy to handle, ties, has had feet done, working on leading. Loves to be brushed and scratched. Very friendly. Will be ready to leave in October. Dam is 34 inches tall, stud unknown. So she says I can pick him up mid September. He is already eating ans drinking well. She is going to send me a CD of all the pictures she has taken of him since his birth. I am really excited
aktion033.gif
I will update often...Ya'll will probably get sick of me and all my questions.

CONGRATS
aktion033.gif
! Can't wait to see those pictures!

100_0401.jpg

That is a rub mark on his shoulder...it is growing back now she says...The other pic is on my avitar

Last edited by a moderator:
What a pretty boy! Sounds like he's found a great home, and you have a wonderful new friend.

One thought...my colt was weaned at 3 months, as he was drawing down his dam; he was a bit depressed at first, and it has been a challenge to keep him at a proper weight -- he's had some major growth spurts with which I've had to catch up in his diet.

Hard to say how much of this is from early weaning, but I've heard many say that this can be very stressful, so just be sure to keep a close eye on him. If he's an only mini, remember that you'll be his herd, and he will need tons of attention!

Good luck, and have fun with your new little one!

He is too cute! I love buckskins
wub.gif
Congrats on a beautiful little colt
aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back