My New Addition

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Makes my heart sing
default_wub.png
default_yes.gif
default_wub.png

Oh my, what a furry baby.
default_smile.png

I thought mine was furry.

I can't wait to see what he looks like underneath all that fluff.

Oh my what a fuzzy butt! I love him. You two are lucky to have found each other. He looks so fluffy and happy there with you. I, like the others, can't wait to see what's under that ball of fluff. Another reason for spring to hurry up!

Ok...absolutely off the charts in cuteness!!!!! Adorable!!!!!

Haha thanks everyone..I think hes a cutie too..plus he OOOOzzes "PLEASE
default_pray.gif
LOVE ME"
default_wub.png
of course hes won my heart and he never gets sick of being hugged and kissed
default_wub.png
...thankfully

I showed the picture to my husband he said he looks like a buffalo LOL really reminds me of mine when we first got her, after I looked at her I told my husband there is only one word to explain how she looks "hilarious" :D

He's too cute! Can't wait for spring and the after pics!

He is very strange looking with his woolly head and fuzzy body..iv not seen another quite as odd looking as him...his coat does look better from the outside after being brushed as best i could but you can still feel the matted mess underneath..its crazy thick I will try get a photo later..its like sheeps wool about 4-5 inches think..i bet hes tiny under all that mass..supprised he can hear anything out of those tiny ears all stuffed with fluff..God broke the mould when he made this lil fella
default_yes.gif

LOLhrs definitely something else! I can relate to the sheep comment, I felt like I was working on a sheep when I took all that mess off of mine! And she looked like one when she was done
default_smile.png
trust me he IS tiny underneath it all! Mine had legs like little thin sticks about 1/3 of the size vs before!

I think he's cute! He looks almost identical to how my Affie looks in the winter. She gets the heaviest wildest winter coat! (FYI That is Affie in my avatar pic when she was clipped)
default_smile.png

Not sure how I missed this thread, but I did!!

Bless you for taking this wee mite, but you are quite right, you cannot take them all and there is no point in taking on more than you can handle at the expense of the ones that you have, so stay strong!! The other thing is, of course, that, hard though it is, if you take the "problems" from these irresponsible breeders, you encourage them to breed more.....

He is a Black Dun, btw, erroneously called "blue" Dun which is a descriptive, not genetic, term.

Translated it is "Grullo"
default_yes.gif

I am afraid you are going to find, in the spring, that you do have a few nasty surprises under that fur, but it does not look as if it is going to be anything that you cannot cope with. Just be prepared, that's all, and do not expect your Vet to know anything about dwarfs, either, I am afraid they are pretty much at sea on this subject.

What a cute little hairball! Does he still stink? Just wondering if you ever de-wormed him yet? He sure is doing the happy dance and you are super for taking him in and giving him a home! Keep up with the updates. Can't wait till summer when you can get him shaved off so we all can see what he's hiding under there!

Haha no hes smells like a bunch of roses now Marty..he has every product under the sun on him trying to get those nasty knots out!!..he has been thoroughily dewormed..so hopefully is well on the way to gaining a few pounds now before he loses all that fuzz in the warmer weather..Im hoping not to find anything to scarey under the fuzz
default_pray.gif
so long as he has 4 legs and a big heart thats just fine with me lol ..he must have found his crazy legs today as hes been galloping around top speed bucking and leaping..all very entertaining ..will keep you updated with his progress and more pictures when he hopefully turns into a pony in the spring
default_whistling.gif

Hi ALL..I thought id update Doodles thread with some pictures of him at last without his fur coat..he still has a bit left here n there but most has gone naturally after I was itching to clip it all off I did manage to resist..hes turning out to be a lovely boy..loves the company of humans and the other ponies..hes walking very nicely on the headcollar and basically doing everything he should be I guess..I love the colour hes finally revealed underneath all that matted horrible mess he was carrying around..he hasn't really grown that much in inches hes reached a massive 22.5 inches lol but he makes up for it in his big bold attitude..I cant see any characteristics of being a dwarf so I guess just small parents and undernourishment as a baby played a big part in it..hes a good weight now no bones sticking out deff looking and feeling a whole lot better in himself
default_yes.gif

003.JPG

004.JPG

008.JPG

Oh I must confess I did clip his face and ears back in may but that was all
default_whistling.gif

2013-06-26 11.05.51.jpg

Oh he looks fabulous Linda!!
default_thumbup.gif
What a transformation - but still a real cutie.
default_yes.gif

Many thanks for the update and the pics - your care and attention has really paid off, well done!

Wow, he doesn't look like the same horse.

He is lovely .

And to me he looks less dwarf like.

He is sure cute.

So little , but what a cutie

Thanks..I look forward to opening up the stables every morning and hearing a greeting from him and the others..hes fitted in so well and Im really pleased hes coming on so nicely..I didn't really know what to expect once all that fuzz had gone but I must say Im very pleasantly supprised..he a typical male though hates to be clean and tidy and loves nothing more than a good old roll in anything he can find after a bath or a good brush..the girls were not impressed when I let him out a few weeks back..talk about bad hair day
default_doh.gif

2013-07-03 10.22.24.jpg

2013-07-03 10.25.20.jpg

Latest posts

Back