My mom's health...*Update on pg 4 Not good*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Continued Hugs and Prayers.
default_sad.png

My mom is out of surgery and there were no complications! Huge sigh of relief to hear that! Now comes the long recovery process which won't be easy for her. She will stay in the hospital until Monday or Tuesday then transfer to a nursing home in the area (its one of the BEST ones around and several of my relatives have lived there, including my mom at different times for rehab)...this time tho will be a permanent stay since my dad will no longer be able to care for her at home.

I will call her tomorrow when she has had time to wake up from the anesthesia and be able to communicate with me more coherently.

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers...and a few people who really touched my heart specifically (you know who you are! <3 ) Please continue as she recovers....she will need it!

Continued thoughts and prayers are with you, Linda. I wish I could give you a hug!!!

Just one more update....Talked to my mom on the phone today and she is in very good spirits considering! I guess before her surgery yesterday she decided she wasn't ready to let God take her and that I think was HUGE in her making it thru! She, of course has some pain (mostly the phantom pain that amputees get), but otherwise she is doing well.

Thank you again everyone for your support! I knew this was the place to come to vent and ask for your thoughts and prayers! Being a part of this "family" for many years has been a blessing.
default_cheekkiss.gif

Linda, I agree that her resolve is huge!!! I hope you get to get up there soon, and an so happy today has brought good news for you and your family
default_yes.gif

I can see where you get your strength and perseverance from
default_yes.gif

My mom continues to have issues. She is very weak and dizzy. Has bleeding issues (not from surgery). Is a reluctant patient with her physical therapy due to these other issues. Still in the hospital. I do call to talk to her, but she doesn't talk much (her voice is weak and I end up asking my dad what she is saying since they put me on speaker phone)...so I talk to my sister to get the "details" of what's going on. So frustrating to be so far away.

I do get to go visit in about 3.5 weeks...just hoping that time goes by quickly as I am getting impatient to go visit my mom/family!

Please do continue to keep my mom in your prayers. Thank you!

Continued prayers Linda....I know how hard it is being far away. ((hugs))

Updated....My mom has taken a turn for the worse and is now back in the hospital. I have changed my flight so I will be going there on Wednesday....Prayers please.....
default_sad.png

Please know my thoughs and prayers are with you and your entire family, and I know that your Mom is going to be so happy to see you. Hugs to you. Valerie

Latest posts

Back