My Miniature Overo Curly colt. Born July 17th.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilverRose Farms

Reaction score
This is my newest little man. He was born just before 6 am on July 17th. And BOY were we surprised when we saw him.

GOLD

OVERO

BLUE EYES

AND TOPPED OFF WITH CURLS!!

He is 7/8 Miniature. Hes curly and has already proven to be in at least three different cases to be Hypoallergenic.

His bloodlines include Skip A Star, Rowdy, Del Teras and more.

He certainly is spicy and loves to show off already.

His name is *Mazda for short. We haven't figured out a registered name for him yet.

IMG_8259.jpg

IMG_8273.jpg

This one is to show just how tiny he is The blue merle aussie is 22" tall. And the red merle is a mini at 16.5" tall.

IMG_8311.jpg

Untitled.jpg

And finally saying hello to Daddy

HiDaddy.jpg

OMG he is so cute. Is he out of a registered miniature parent? It be so awesome if this guy could be NSPPR registered. I think curlies are great.

Yes he is. He will be registered with NSPPR ICHO and PtHA.

His Sire is registered NSPPR as well and has been shown.

Look forward to seeing this boy in the NSPPR classes!!!!! WOW - can you send me a photo of him, would love to get him on the registry website for the NSPPR division!!!

Look forward to seeing this boy in the NSPPR classes!!!!! WOW - can you send me a photo of him, would love to get him on the registry website for the NSPPR division!!!
Sure just send me your email address and I will be happy to send some pictures and you can pick the best one. I also have some of his Sire all cleaned up and in show condition.

We are trying to promote the NSPPR classes and division. Its a great division and gives these ponies and miniatures a place and a name even if only one parent is registered.

My little curly one has really been shedding the last few weeks. Curls are about gone
default_no.gif
but the reddish color has been replaced by the beautiful black he was born with.
default_yes.gif

He is gorgeous! Daddy is so handsome. Would be great to see them in the NSPPR classes! good luck! congrats!

Thank you all for your compliments on him. We are simply over the moon with him. As he is just soo perfect.

Vickie Gee He is actually curly bred. He wont loose his curl. If anything he will only get more over time. Many mini foals are born with curls. His are actually genetic and will stay his entire life.

We couldnt have asked for a better foal thats for sure.

Congrats on one special and unique little guy!!!

Oh, I did not realize he would be curly after he matures. Genetic...that is so cool.
default_yes.gif

Oh, I did not realize he would be curly after he matures. Genetic...that is so cool.
default_yes.gif
There are so few of them around that its not usual to see by any means.

To my knowledge there are approximately 5 breeders In North America. And about 10 in Europe who are breeding the curlies down to Miniature Size.

There are only 2 that I know of crossing AMHR registered mares to them to be able to register them with NSPPR. There could be 2 others. But I know for a fact that there are 2 with the goal of breeding true to the Miniature Horse Standards of both AMHA/AMHR with the addition of them being curly and there for likely to be hypoallergenic.

Latest posts

Back