My mares in waiting...pics day 311 & 312

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nootka

Reaction score
photos were taken January 18 on days 311 & 312. I could not have planned it better to have them due within one day of each other, but as we all know, they could well give birth 60 days apart! Likely not, but...neither has much udder development and it is now February 4. I will update this thread with newer pictures as I have time.

These will be my last foals and the first ones since 2007.

The red mare (Cherry Bomb) is due to Sierra Dawn Uno's Pharaoh (it will be Pyro's uncle as well as his half-brother, how's that for interesting relationships?) and the black (Lailah) is due to a son of Hidden Meadows Mittey Titian, a bay pinto.

cb311days09.jpg

l312days09.jpg

Thanks for looking, wish us luck!

Liz M.

Good Luck! Our first ones are due around April 1st so I still have some more waiting. Your girls are looking quite big. Do share when they pop!
default_smile.png

~Jessica

Good lord, Lailah looks ready to pop!
default_new_shocked.gif
How about some pictures of our favorite 2007 redhead? He'll be two in just a week or so if I recall.
default_wub.png

Leia

Yep, he deserves a little air time. he will be two on the 13th and I was just reading the blog where he was born to share with someone that was interested in buying him. Cherry looks the biggest to me, but Lailah has a short back so she "looks" bigger. Don't know, they are one day apart and 17 days further into gestation now than when the pics were taken. They've both dropped a lot, but still no milk/or udders.

They weren't very groomed, but it was cold and muddy so you get pictures of fuzzy and dirty horses when the weather permits.

Thanks for looking! Updates will be forthcoming...

Liz

I'll be curious to know how far apart they go. Like you said, they might not go anywhere near the other (dates I mean)! Last year I had two born back to back (one one night and the second the next night) and they were due 6 weeks apart ;)

aww mine are due in july
default_sad.png
i wish they were due in april like mares of mine were last year

Wow there are your girls!!!

I have hardly any bag development here. I did the goofy belly shave so if a baby surprises us. It won't just get a mouthful of hair!!!!

Odd thing is mine aren't doing the usual heavy shedding.

Last night, Lailah's udder is about 1/3 full and getting very firm. Cherry's is still quite flabby...(don't tell her I said that).

Days 332 & 333 I believe...(Lailah is the that's one day behind).

Liz

Back