My Mare is Possibly Pregnant.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Post more pictures! 😍

Is it warming up there any?
Weather is up and down with temps all over the place. One day it stays 20F and the next it is 60F, then at night back down to 15F. I will see if I can load more photos. Can't let them out to play much because another mare is intently focused on stealing the baby. So not any "fun" pictures yet. He was rearing and jumping yesterday but all I captured on camera was a blur! He's very strong and seems to be healthy. He will be one week old tomorrow and is perhaps one of the sweetest things I have ever seen. I'm in love!

Pitter Patter, what part of Michigan is Kingsley? My oldest grown foster daughter lives in Iron Mountain. She's been here in Oregon visiting and just flew back this morning.
Need to add..... She's leaving wonderful Spring weather (today it's supposed to be 70F.) and Iron Mt. has been getting snow for the last 4 days.

Pitter Patter, what part of Michigan is Kingsley? My oldest grown foster daughter lives in Iron Mountain. She's been here in Oregon visiting and just flew back this morning.
Need to add..... She's leaving wonderful Spring weather (today it's supposed to be 70F.) and Iron Mt. has been getting snow for the last 4 days.
Iron Mountain is in Michigan's upper peninsula. Kingsley is about 25 miles southeast of Traverse City in the lower peninsula, if that helps. This is in the northern lower peninsula of Michigan. Our weather here is usually a little warmer than the U.P. but pretty similar. We were getting snow last night, along with a thunderstorm. Weather can be turbulent at times due to effect of Great Lakes. I think she may return disappointed.....

No way to truly tell how far along she is solely from belly pictures. Does not look like she has a whole lot of udder development yet. Has she ever had a foal before?

No way to truly tell how far along she is solely from belly pictures. Does not look like she has a whole lot of udder development yet. Has she ever had a foal before?
Previous owner said she had a colt just before I got her a little over a year ago. Said she can't remember. It sounds like they don't do much but wait to see a baby on the ground. So no idea how she develops. I think there is some time but fairly close. Things are softening and relaxing. Everything but my high-strung Pepper!
Do you have any test strips? I have some and can mail them to you.
Thank you so much! Your offer is very kind! I already have test strips. What I don't have is a very compliant mama...Previous attempts have almost landed me a kick to the head. She was moody before but she's particularly irritable lately (I think that's a good sign!). Doesn't mean I won't keep trying though. Honestly though, I am lucky to get any decent picture of her because she is paranoid if I pay any attention to her belly, udder, back end. She's very unhappy about being stalled at night too, but the grain is helping her warm up to the idea!

Latest posts

Back