My Mare is Possibly Pregnant.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have a wifi camera set up you can let anyone watch, it really helps during foal watch to have more eyes on.
Pitter Patter, have you thought about putting her on mare stare? It might help you relax a bit about missing foaling.

That's great, thanks. If I can't watch mine I might as well watch yours, maybe it will help you 😊. There might be a few of us who can if you want. I had a spot I couldn't see last summer with Tilly, she would lie down there regularly, of course, but she foaled farther out so was on camera for it. Just noticed your llama, how cute, they have lots of personality don't they? I always thought I'd like a couple but have enough of a zoo already.
Llamas are wonderful. Current Avatar is of my boy Echo. He has just fully matured and come into his own lately too! They have tons of personality. If I could figure out how to send you a video clip of this guy messing with our goat. I think you'd enjoy it. Goat wouldn't stop pestering him so he turned the tables and started picking up the goat's front leg with his teeth! It was very gentle but oh so funny! He kept moving it up and down like he was trying to see how his legs work then he'd let go of the leg and try the other front leg. He also likes to play in a baby pool of water I put out in the summer. They usually aren't quite so outgoing. They are normally fairly timid as the species isn't really fully domesticated. If anyone wants to learn how to be less "handsy" get a llama. They don't like human hands..naturally don't trust hands so much. They approach you and go nose to nose to smell your breath. This guy pictured likes to nibble on my boyfriend's beard at times. Very curious critters. Super easy to care for, at least until you try to brush them out or clip them! That's a few days' hard work!

If you have a wifi camera set up you can let anyone watch, it really helps during foal watch to have more eyes on.
Pitter Patter, have you thought about putting her on mare stare? It might help you relax a bit about missing foaling.
I looked up mare stare and it looks like it was terminated?

That’s actually where I stream, and one of my best friends is actually the camera set up person. It works extremely well and most cameras end up having lots of people watch all the time. We have a lot of people from all over the world who watch so it’s like some is around all the time.

That’s actually where I stream, and one of my best friends is actually the camera set up person. It works extremely well and most cameras end up having lots of people watch all the time. We have a lot of people from all over the world who watch so it’s like some is around all the time.
I will look into this although looks like we are all set up. After watching one of my chickens run in and out of the stall several times today (setting off sensors) I think that's mostly what people would see during the day anyway!

I would love to watch too Pitter Patter! Last year it was pretty much a family event watching @elizabeth.conder mare foal lol my kids loved it!
Hey Jodie, message me privately with your email address and I can add you too :) . Only afraid my ignorance will now show to the world, and sometimes I go out in pajamas, etc so be forwarned!

Oh my goodness...I can't believe how big Snickers's belly has grown! I think that baby will be almost as big as it's Mama! She's covered with camera now and very unhappy. I had to trim and wrap her tail just a little bit in case she has it tonight. Unfortunately who knows when? She can suddenly clamp her tail down again...ugh! She's not very happy tonight, so hoping it will be soon.

Took these pictures about 40 mins ago or so. Any opinions as to how much longer? Thanks!View attachment 43058View attachment 43059

If she does anything by the book, she should have several weeks left. Some doesn’t but that’s not the normal. It usually takes 4-6 weeks to build a foaling udder. I’m not sure she has started hers yet. She doesn’t appear to have dropped yet either. I bet you have a bit still.

From the udder Pic on the 1st March to the latest one, I can see some swelling in her nipples. So if I am to "Guess", I would say you have some time left.

When you are taking pictures , can you try and get "the one" where standing from behind that looks at her Butt. The is the most obvious "to the eye" to see how the foal is currently positioned.

Hope things are starting to warm for you in Michigan :)

Latest posts

Back