My Mare is Possibly Pregnant.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always found the easiest thing is to meet them at their car and say what's happening that day. Hi, how are you? Thanks for coming out. I've decided to do shots but I'm just going to wait and see if they foal. Do you have some banamine paste you can leave me in case of a reaction to the shots? I've never had one have a problem with it whether it was me changing my mind or adding something on even when it wasn't 'my' vet and they were here for a boarder. I sometimes get 'the look' but that's it. He's probably used to big horses and will be happy to not have to palpate a mini.

I've always found the easiest thing is to meet them at their car and say what's happening that day. Hi, how are you? Thanks for coming out. I've decided to do shots but I'm just going to wait and see if they foal. Do you have some banamine paste you can leave me in case of a reaction to the shots? I've never had one have a problem with it whether it was me changing my mind or adding something on even when it wasn't 'my' vet and they were here for a boarder. I sometimes get 'the look' but that's it. He's probably used to big horses and will be happy to not have to palpate a mini.
Thanks Taz!

Reactions: Taz
When is your vet coming out Pitter Patter? I need some excitement as Rosie isn’t doing anything interesting lol her tiny little bag feels a little bit more swollen but nothing significant (pictures don’t show it, it was just by feel that there was a slight difference).

A little change you can feel is good! Yes please, we need something good to happen!!

No changes with my girls tonight....:rolleyes:
When is your vet coming out Pitter Patter? I need some excitement as Rosie isn’t doing anything interesting lol her tiny little bag feels a little bit more swollen but nothing significant (pictures don’t show it, it was just by feel that there was a slight difference).
Vet will be out Wednesday evening. Nothing new here, but I think Rosie and Squirt are next up.....;)

No changes with my girls tonight....:rolleyes:

Vet will be out Wednesday evening. Nothing new here, but I think Rosie and Squirt are next up.....;)
I sure hope you’re right, it feels like she’s never going to foal at this rate. Starting to wonder again if it’s just a food baby 😅 I had a dream last night that I went into the barn and she had a foal that was the exact same size as her, it was lying on the floor then got up and walked over to her. Then my pintaloosa walked out of the barn with a white sac hanging out of her and gave birth to a normal sized foal that looked just like her but with more white markings lol silly horses turning me into a loony! (My pintaloosa is most definitely open lol)

Nothing from Squirt...yet. I spent all day at a (full sized) horse show today. 4 (all walk/trot/canter) classes, a 4th in English Pleasure, a 2nd in English Equitation (Patterned), a 4th in Western Pleasure and a 2nd in Western Bareback. I think it went as well as it could have. In the Bareback class we were trotting and my horse, Shadow stumbled with both front legs....:eek: I thankfully and miraculously stayed on, and we went right back to trotting. o_O

Nothing from Squirt...yet. I spent all day at a (full sized) horse show today. 4 (all walk/trot/canter) classes, a 4th in English Pleasure, a 2nd in English Equitation (Patterned), a 4th in Western Pleasure and a 2nd in Western Bareback. I think it went as well as it could have. In the Bareback class we were trotting and my horse, Shadow stumbled with both front legs....:eek: I thankfully and miraculously stayed on, and we went right back to trotting. o_O
Congratulations. You both did well and nobody got hurt!

So, in hanging out with minis I think I lost some perspective 🤪 Haven't ridden in about 20 years. Saw a Haflinger for sale and she was in with two larger paints. I rode the Haflinger to test her out....Wow, do I ever feel old! She was sweet but with a lot of health issues. Former Amish horse and just seemed emotionally walled off. She'd been auctioned off, taken in, and now going to a new home because she isn't needed. Boyfriend says let it go because she's foundered a couple of times, had a foot infection that made her limp when I was on her. Owner thought it was all healed up. She's older but not ancient. Low on pecking order and woman's mare kicked her pretty bad. Anyway, I forgot what it was to look down from atop a horse! Good grief! And Haflingers aren't even tall! I love riding and thought I could try it again 🙁 Came home to my minis and have a renewed affection for them. Horses but much easier to handle! (Although not rideable...LOL) So, Mermaeve, in my eyes you are an expert and did great!!

So, in hanging out with minis I think I lost some perspective 🤪 Haven't ridden in about 20 years. Saw a Haflinger for sale and she was in with two larger paints. I rode the Haflinger to test her out....Wow, do I ever feel old! She was sweet but with a lot of health issues. Former Amish horse and just seemed emotionally walled off. She'd been auctioned off, taken in, and now going to a new home because she isn't needed. Boyfriend says let it go because she's foundered a couple of times, had a foot infection that made her limp when I was on her. Owner thought it was all healed up. She's older but not ancient. Low on pecking order and woman's mare kicked her pretty bad. Anyway, I forgot what it was to look down from atop a horse! Good grief! And Haflingers aren't even tall! I love riding and thought I could try it again 🙁 Came home to my minis and have a renewed affection for them. Horses but much easier to handle! (Although not rideable...LOL) So, Mermaeve, in my eyes you are an expert and did great!!
Poor girl!
Aww, thanks! 🥰

I last posted 25th July, unfortunately still waiting for my girl to foal, as a few of you are - I keep on reading your posts with great interest and anticipation that you will be announcing that your girls have foaled but they are all still keeping us waiting ☹ I am desperate to take some leave from work but not until the little one arrives, this could go on for a long time yet 😱

I last posted 25th July, unfortunately still waiting for my girl to foal, as a few of you are - I keep on reading your posts with great interest and anticipation that you will be announcing that your girls have foaled but they are all still keeping us waiting ☹ I am desperate to take some leave from work but not until the little one arrives, this could go on for a long time yet 😱
Please keep us updated, Sandra! It seems these past few weeks have dragged on for years lol
Nothing new on the foaling front with Rosie today. She had her hooves trimmed and was an absolute darling, go figure! Our farrier commented on how wide she is now lol

Please keep us posted on what's going on there and feel free to whine as needed, I did a lot of it and it helps a bit 😂.

Please keep us updated, Sandra! It seems these past few weeks have dragged on for years lol
Nothing new on the foaling front with Rosie today. She had her hooves trimmed and was an absolute darling, go figure! Our farrier commented on how wide she is now lol
Haha! She knows the farrier wasn't going to 'poke' at her and isn't slowly going insane waiting for a baby, little monsters🤣.

No news as of today on my two girls...Very frustrating....More than anything, I just some positive sign they ARE pregnant before I lose my mind wondering! It's hard to think there will be babies at some time. So excited and terrified at the same time!

No news as of today on my two girls...Very frustrating....More than anything, I just some positive sign they ARE pregnant before I lose my mind wondering! It's hard to think there will be babies at some time. So excited and terrified at the same time!
It will happen! I’ve been feeling a bit disheartened recently as nothing much seems to be happening. But, the past few days there have been a lot more movements in Rosie’s belly when she eats. I sort of dismissed it but then this morning there were some really obvious “alien” like movements so I’m feeling a bit more positive now! I totally understand the mixture of excitement and fear - we’re very much in the same boat! Hopefully our girls will get a move on so we can start posting some exciting things!

This is the hardest part. You know it's going to happen but they just aren't telling you when and it seems like it's never going to get there. You've been on a roller coaster all summer not knowing if/when they were going to foal. It can't be much longer even if they were bred later. As far as I know if she was just herd breeding they couldn't have caught much after sept so it will feel like forever but has to be in the next month or so. Hang in there, it will happen. Do you have any more pictures?

They look pretty much the same as a couple of pages ago on this thread, but I have a couple new udder photos and one more of Pepper. I am fairly convinced that Snickers has decided NOT to foal! Only time will tell. Her profile pic is the same. No changes. First photo is Pepper, side view. 1st udder is Pepper's and I do see changes but not much. 2nd udder is Snicker's.20200804_190337[1].jpg20200809_205505.jpg20200809_205521.jpg

Reactions: Taz

Latest posts

Back