My Mare is Possibly Pregnant.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*Begin rant* Okay why would Cindy (Squirt's owner) list Squirt for sale online when she knows we are interested????? 😤😡:oops:
*end rant*

*Begin rant* Okay why would Cindy (Squirt's owner) list Squirt for sale online when she knows we are interested????? 😤😡:oops:
*end rant*
We texted her updated pictures of the barn and started fencing. She said Squirt had her baby last Thurs. and it was still born.
😞
She said 5/7 foals this year were stillborn. She also said "I didn't know if you were still interested"
😳

Last edited:
Do you have to worry about fescue in your pasture if you don't have pregnant minis?

We texted her updated pictures of the barn and started fencing. She said Squirt had her baby last Thurs. and it was still born.
😞
She said 5/7 foals this year were stillborn. She also said "I didn't know if you were still interested"
😳
5 Still births? Wow, I wonder if there is some common denominator? So, is she going to still let you have Squirt? o_O

Wow! She's having a problem of some kind to have that many still births.
Poor Squirt😢
Fescue is not a problem at all unless they are pregnant.
If you still want her, put a down payment and get it all in writing then go find her a friend ASAP and get them to your place as soon as you can. She might just not have known if you were still interested but I don't trust easily anymore, I've had this sort of thing happen too often.

Yeah, I think all the pregnancies were from the same stallion so maybe something on his end?
Fescue is not a problem at all unless they are pregnant.
If you still want her, put a down payment and get it all in writing then go find her a friend ASAP and get them to your place as soon as you can. She might just not have known if you were still interested but I don't trust easily anymore, I've had this sort of thing happen too often.
Good to know on the fescue.
Yeah, we are hopefully going to put a down payment down in the next day or two. Yes, we definitely want a receipt!

5 Still births? Wow, I wonder if there is some common denominator? So, is she going to still let you have Squirt? o_O
Here's hoping..... :rolleyes: 🤞🤞🤞

Pray that it all goes well please!

Yeah, I think all the pregnancies were from the same stallion so maybe something on his end?

Good to know on the fescue.
Yeah, we are hopefully going to put a down payment down in the next day or two. Yes, we definitely want a receipt!

Here's hoping..... :rolleyes: 🤞🤞🤞

Pray that it all goes well please!
Make sure she knows immediately that you are very serious, even if you can't get a down payment to her right this minute. You love Squirt and make sure she knows that too! Sorry about the baby loss, so sad. I wonder if she and the others weren't attended to during birthing? Maybe stallion, but who knows? Is Radar still at that barn? Maybe she'd let you get two :). Please keep us updated. Sending good vibes!!

So I am either going to check myself into an asylum and/or quit taking pictures!! Cottontail's udder is still pretty well underway with some daily variations. There's a lot of tummy movement, but there's also a lot of gurgling from her internal chemistry set ☺ Even if she is it won't be ready until next summer. So, since she is quite thin anyway and I just don't know, she is getting Mare and Foal pelleted feed daily. That should help put some weight on her and take care of her needs if pregnant. Pepper is still a little swollen in the udder, but not much to write home about. Snickers isn't showing anything more in the udder than previously. I just wish I could figure out how far along she is. I do think she was impregnated at her previous home though, despite what the vet says. He says she's only 3-4 mos along at most and that there is no way I could see that baby move. Well, I am not he only one who sees it. I don't think she's 11 months or anything, but I think more than 3-4. Snickers and I took a nice walk through the woods yesterday and was great! She's normally a little jumpy but followed me through snapping twigs and a rabbit running by and had no problems with a loose lead and followed directly behind me (it was a really narrow path). So I am happy she has gone from kicking me at every opportunity to willingly follow me. I am not sure what makes a good driving horse, but she seems like she might fit the bill if she continues like this.🐴😁

So sorry to hear about Squirt’s foal MerMaeve, just heartbreaking. Hopefully you can sort something to bring her home with you soon.
Sounds like you and Snickers had a lovely walk, Pitter Patter! I hope you can get some answers from Pepper and Cottontail soon, and Snickers for that matter!
Here’s chunky monkey tonight, stretched out with the back leg dangling. Nothing overly exciting to report. Really hoping to tell you all something interesting but Rosie seems to have other plans!

Attachments

• 4D9690E5-FCED-4DDA-A284-7AE69E021C80.jpeg
    4D9690E5-FCED-4DDA-A284-7AE69E021C80.jpeg
    389.1 KB · Views: 5
It's so nice to see her comfortable enough to lie down and sleep. Tilly wouldn't lie on her side for the last while. She would prop herself up so she could try to sleep soundly on her chest but would fall over and jolt awake. please let us know how it's going even if it's a no change and I'm loosing it. She'll get there eventually :rolleyes:

I agree it was nice to see, although it was rather short lived as shortly after this her belly did something strange that startled her and made her prop back up and look at her tummy a few times. I have noticed that lying stretched out on her side is getting fewer and further between and wondered if it was to do with discomfort as she is mostly propped up. Before this she tried quite a few times to lie right down, some of the attempts were such a small amount of time on her side that she barely got stretched out before she propped herself back up again.
Lol ok I will do!

Last edited:
That's great news!! Waiting for pictures. Any luck finding 'your' horse? Haha, they will both be yours I think :D

Latest posts

Back