My mare is driving me crazy! xD What do you guys think??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you! Shasta wasn’t up and down at all last night, acted pretty much the same as she has the last few weeks, I was up at 6 and then dozed off at 6:15ish and then woke up at 6:40 and she had literally dropped the baby seconds before I checked on her!! Thankfully it seemed like a quick easy delivery for her. I checked her placenta and it was whole so she expelled it all. Baby has been up and nursing and has pooped several times. He’s doing great, very healthy and frisky. He’s bucking and kicking, very playful! Mama is doing great too, she’s a wonderful mama! [EE2CFB8A-ADCB-47FC-A5BF-FFF3ACFB545B.jpeg03738F8E-A859-4755-BF04-0EEAF9A45F92.jpegEAC1BBB6-EE4C-4E82-A4C9-7D5B12F007E6.jpeg503F5A7A-FAC6-4018-BFF7-DF1F523CE317.jpeg07E0D4F8-620B-4336-AD38-DD45962D0BE3.jpeg

I'm so happy everything went well. It's my nightmare to miss it when there's a problem. Does he have a name yet? You get to sleep tonight!!

So Shasta has not pooped since she gave birth this morning is that normal? She hasn’t eaten much since this morning though….

So Shasta has not pooped since she gave birth this morning is that normal? She hasn’t eaten much since this morning though….

From personal experience of childbirth it all gets a bit squeezed and compressed and bruised from pushing. Also dehydration can factor! Making milk requires a lot of water. lol but I am not a horse nor have any experience of foaling and postpartum mares ❤️.

Wonderful to hear!! Any pictures you feel like sharing at any time would be welcomed 😁
Now you get the weekend to play with Chief

Chief, I love it. Pictures of them are so cute! The sire is a very handsome guy. To bad we can't see his eyes 😂 You get to look forward to a beautiful mane:)Thanks for sharing

Reactions: Taz
Back