My mare is driving me crazy! xD What do you guys think??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow i just realized it’s not really quiet around here like i thought and mentioned to TAZ a couple days ago it’s just that no one but TAZ was kind enough to respond to me, and ELIZABETH at times and I appreciate that, thank you honestly! Good luck with your baby pretty ponies

It’s because those two are the baby experts 😍 not everyone is a pro on pregnant mares and foaling. All I have is geldings, so you don’t want any foaling advice from me that’s for sure… but I do have to say Thunder did look pregnant the other day 🤣🤣 And I do enjoy seeing all the babies born, so please post pics of your new arrivals!! 😍😍

She’s getting a little restless shifting from foot to foot and has kick and nipped at her belly a few times and keeps pressing her butt up against the wall. The foal is kicking a little bit and seems a little more active than usual is that a sign they are getting closer?

It’s because those two are the baby experts 😍 not everyone is a pro on pregnant mares and foaling. All I have is geldings, so you don’t want any foaling advice from me that’s for sure… but I do have to say Thunder did look pregnant the other day 🤣🤣 And I do enjoy seeing all the babies born, so please post pics of your new arrivals!! 😍😍

Too kind! I’m not an expert yet haha.

@PrettyPonies, I typically wrap at below 6.4. Usually the foal is quiet leading up to foaling. The other signs are indicative of getting close though. I’d definitely be watching close. However, sometimes they still go long.

Okay, thank you!!! Well she had just finished eating her grain about 40 minutes earlier and it was only like 3 kicks but I wasn’t sure how the foal behaved before foaling… thanks for all your advice!

Not yet… her Ph was still at 6.4 this morning so I’ll check her again in a bit , hopefully tonight!! 😁

Reactions: Taz
UGH!!!! She could go tonight or sit there for days. Hang in there, this is the hardest part of the wait.

Her Ph is still at 7 but she has elongated more and looks a bit looser… she also has an odd pink spot that wasn’t there before…

Attachments

• F6D8EBF0-C2CC-4489-9C41-2961AE60A544.jpeg
    F6D8EBF0-C2CC-4489-9C41-2961AE60A544.jpeg
    241.1 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts

Back