my mare has tested ph6 and 4 patches purple for 3 days

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuckNappy

Reaction score
Geeez when will she foal? I have 2 mares due,I checked Windys milk Saturday morning,all 4 patches turned purple immediately.Tested the PH it was at about 6.8 so of course I got ready-watched her like a hawk Saturday,Saturday night,Sunday,Lastnight...still no foal! She waxed up Saturday around 6pm and continues to wax up and drip milk.Tested ph yesterday it was bright yellow putting it at 6!The lowest I have ever seen.She is very relaxed in the back end,butt rubbing,soft 'cowpatties' every sign of foaling...I called the vet,he says she will foal when she is ready.Im a nervous wreck about her losing all the milk she has been dripping.Anyone ever have a mare test 4 patches purple(calcium) and very low ph for days befor foaling?My other mares foaled within hours of these signs.

I had a mare once be waxed up for a WEEK before she foaled!! :DOH! Don't they know that goes against the rules??

I'm pretty sure that your mare is either waiting for you to fall asleep or otherwise be unavailable before she goes into labor, just because.
default_rolleyes.gif
They do this so that we don't become complacent and think we have it all under control-- they change things up to keep us on our toes.
default_laugh.png
I hope she foals SOON for you so your torment of watching and waiting will be over. Can't wait to see pics!!!

Yup, she's just waiting for you to take a nap or a bathroom break or go for a coffee. My mare pulled the coffe trick on me last year lol. If you want her to foal just take your eyes off of her
default_biggrin.png

Alot of our mares won't foal if you are watching them and as soon as you turn your back, there comes the foal. They can show signs for weeks and you can't go by all the rules for sure. We actually had a mare have her foal over 366 days, anything is possible with these little horses, alot of sleepless nights for sure, Good Luck foaling.

Back