My Mare Gypsy !!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini Wonders

Reaction score
Hi this is my mare gypsy . I'm wondering if she is show quality ??

WHATZUP.jpg

UDIDNT.jpg

WHATEVER.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
BY what do you mean show quality? Do you mean Halter classes? I am not sure there, but ANY horse can show in performance! I would much rather have a peformance horse than halter anyday. I am sure she would make a great one!!
saludando.gif

Almost all minis are show quality, depending on what you want to do. It also depends on the kind of shows you will be attending. In an open show she may do fine. These pictures really aren't good enough to judge halter quality. She probably isn't in shape for halter quality at the moment (with excercise she may be?), but for perfomance classes she is beautiful. I love her head. She would be flashy in a cart!
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
unfortunately, i'm not really all into showing, yet- i don't have much experience. But she looks cute to me. She's more of the old style mini...like our little ones. But very cute.

I don't show, so can't answer your question, but...

Wanted to say that I think she's very pretty, I love her little face. So cute! And, she has beautiful markings. I like pintos, although, I don't currently own any.

For halter I would say no. She is too stocky in my book to do well in halter. I think try focousing more in performance. She is also a little heavy too. I like her color!

If you are talking about open local shows why not exercise her a bit and try it you never know. National Champion probably not. Without knowing the kind of showing you are planning on doing its hard to say.

saludando.gif
saludando.gif
saludando.gif

Go show your horse and have FUN!!!! I think with proper diet and exercise you

will do just fine with her. She is a good horse to start with to LEARN how to show

halter and performance. I have a couple of horses that certain well known people

told me wouldn't cut it as a halter horse make national top ten! You will never

know unless you try. I think she's cute. Linda B
yes.gif
yes.gif
yes.gif

wub.gif
wub.gif
I like her ALOT. What a beautiful mare you have and that third picture... I love her expression, she is very striking. With conditioning I think you would do quite well at local shows and I think she would look AMAZING in driving. How old is she, what is her breeding?

She is 3yrs old !!
yes.gif
She is Miniature/Shetland (I think she looks more shetland than mini). But I like that because she has excellent lines on that side !!(Dam's sire (shetlnd side) is PIANTED APACHE CODY) . And he's a really known horse !!
yes.gif

She almost has the same markings as my mini gelding, a cat hanging off their shoulder, lol, except my Storm's "hanging cat" has the left leg of the cat more parallel to the right cat leg
biggrin.gif

Hi there, I think you need to go to some shows & see what you & she like to do....you may find that she is great in performance.....or halter obstacle, or showmanship........ gotta go out & try to see what you enjoy, that is the most important part (ok, that is what my husband keeps reminding me)...go, enjoy and most of all have fun! I do have to say, I thought I was looking at one of my mares when I saw your picture.....they would be a great pair!!
biggrin.gif

Tell you what. Work on getting her trim and fit, clip her where you think she needs it then take her to a show. Do not concern yourself with anything other than enjoying your horse. Start with the local shows in your area and just see where you end up. You and the horse will benefit from the experience. We recently came across some pictures of my wife and her sister and their first horse at the county fair horse show. They cam home with a few ribbons and were just as proud as all get out. They had worked the horse themselves every day for months and months. The horse was about the UGLIEST animal I have ever seen. It was ewe necked , goose rumped and had a head that would have looked better on a hammer handle. But those girls had fun and the horse was one on the finest trail riding horses you could ever hope to ride.

Make showing about fun, everyone has to start somewhere. The mare I started showing on was an old-styled Morgan , the kind with big pie sized hoves. She did well in English pleasure, but when we put her in handy hunter everyone laughed, until she beat out the reserved champion in touch and out. Then she got a standing ovation.

Geese said it right! She's lovely. I'd be proud to see her in my gang. Show her and have fun! Not all the blue ribbons are won by the gorgeous swan necked skinny ones. Go have a blast, but be sure to share with us.

"They had worked the horse themselves every day for months and months. The horse was about the UGLIEST animal I have ever seen. It was ewe necked , goose rumped and had a head that would have looked better on a hammer handle. But those girls had fun and the horse was one on the finest trail riding horses you could ever hope to ride. "

LOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Too funny!

If you smile and are having fun with your horse, it will show in the arena and to the judges. She is a pretty little mare in any case. The others are correct, some conditioning and practice and she should do well for you! She does have a very pretty head with lots of facial expression. I like that in a horse!

Beth

[SIZE=14pt]Is she registered both mini and shtland? I would say start with her at local shows and put her in halter and performance. I dont see her as halter competative because of her stocky build but It will give you great practice experience. Work her for showmanship, obstacle and get her trained to drive. You will have so much fun. If she isnt registered at all you still have local shows to take her to to practice.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Alright these are some bad pictures of Gypsy . It looks like she has no neck because she has her head tilted . This is just to show you guys her color on the other side !

000_1242.jpg

000_1241.jpg

Latest posts

Back