My Mare Gypsy !!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just have to say this is a very nice mare. I see no reason why she is not show quality. I think she looks to be pretty will put together.

She is very pleasing to the eye and looks to have a good mind and personality.. and sound.

something I think should be given more wieght in the show ring.

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=14pt]She could show in the pinto stock type pony division. You will find the shetlands in the pleasure pony division. She looks to be bigger than 38 so I dont think she fits the mini division. she is very cute though. I would clip her about a 6 inch bridle path and thin her forlock by 2 thirds one third from each side ear to center and leave just the center third. it will refine her more. Also I would try to feather her mane so it doesnt look blunt cut. You will see quarter ponies at the pinto show with 2 inch mane rubber banded which is acceptable for them but not this little mare. just a suggestion..... I can see she is much loved! Much time taken grooming .[/SIZE]

Lyn

Okay, here is my two cents worth and before I start I will tell you that I have exactly 5 mini shows under my belt at this time. Two of those were state fairs, two were WCMHR shows and one was an AMHR show. I am not someone that knows mini shows. I do however know that I enjoy just getting out and doing stuff with my horses and can show you what a little bit of work can do. My mare Rainy is the center of my world. She does not have the tabletop topline they want on halter horses, her tailset is a bit low, her neck is on the short and thick side and she has a plain head. To top it off she is a bit long backed. She is however, the most beautiful mare in the world in my eyes. She will never be a national champion halter horse, but we jump, do obstacles, drive and just have a blast. Oh--and NEVER underestimate the power of conditioning and a bit of neck sweating! I love showing these pics, so please don't laugh too hard. This is Rain when we first started working out last spring.

Rainy20005.jpg

Here she is again at the beginning of August--after four months of ground driving and lunging and then finally starting with the actual driving. Same horse, same faults...but her assets are much plainer to see when conditioned. She is NO where near as stocky as she once appeared. Oh--and she is 33.5" tall.

WC-Rainy2trimmed500.jpg

So don't give up, get out there and have fun! Here are a couple small pics from a show this spring--our only AMHR show. Just work with what you already have and go play!

th_Rain-4-23-05roadster.jpg

Raindmc.jpg

To me she is a well proportioned, well put together mare.

Take her to the shows and see how you go!!!!!

You will have fun and you will soon know what you and she enjoy!!!!

Take it from there, she is a pretty girl.

You seem like a smart girl you will quickly figure out what suits you both!!!!!!

Pocketponies, that is AMAZING the difference. Yes, I for one cringe many times when people put up their minis for critiques and they are not in "show shape" and people have a fieldday. The intial mare put up here for critique is VERY pretty and in my mind there is NOTHING wrong with that mare at all that conditioning wouldn't help her bloom and she would do just fine being showed. I think sometimes we are too quick to not look BEYOND the intial pics put up.

Thanks for sharing that pocketponies, it shows the newbies what can be done to enhance the hidden beauty of all minis.

I think by the looks of the pics you have a very well balanced put together lady ! I would suggest trying to get her registered PtHA (Pinto) if you can that way if you want to show her at local class"a" pinto shows as well as 4 h and open then you can in the stock type pony divisions. just a thought on my part. Keep workin with her and go play have fun (thats what its all about !) and see what comes of it!

Latest posts

Back