My mare Dreamer on web cam. This is the mare that 2

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockin r

Reaction score
Although her bag is re-filling (not as big as it should be to foal) she is going to be lacking the colostrum that the foal needs. I need to get this foal to the vet soon after it is born. She is off her feed and hay tonight, so I am concerned about her foaling.
default_unsure.png
She is at 338 days. And I know this for a fact as she was only bred once. This mare can smell a stud and get into foal!! The longest she has gone (had 3 other foals with me) is 340 days. Tonight she has sunken in her flank area and her belly has dropped. When I checked her teats about an hour and a half ago, she had crystals on the tip of her nipples, status-quo for this mare when she is ready to foal within 24 hours. So if you have the time to spare, please check in on her from time to time and say a prayer for her foal...Thanks.. Theresa
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

http://www.wefoal.com/_2008/rockinr/cam.htm

I'll watch her for you since I will be up all night watching my own mare. She is at 386 days, streaming milk and all V'd out. Your gal looks pretty. I hope all goes well for you!!

I'll watch as long as I can and will be hoping all goes well! I know how worried you and Art are. Let us know if we can help at all. I was hoping she would wait until my Goldie could lend an udder to help, but Goldie's bag isn't ready yet.

Hang in there!
default_cheekkiss.gif

Although her bag is re-filling (not as big as it should be to foal) she is going to be lacking the colostrum that the foal needs.
????

Not necessarily. Labour may bring down new milk stimulated by the release of hormones... I have had mares drip for a few days prior to foaling and yet the colostrum was there when needed...
default_yes.gif

Although her bag is re-filling (not as big as it should be to foal) she is going to be lacking the colostrum that the foal needs.
????

Not necessarily. Labour may bring down new milk stimulated by the release of hormones... I have had mares drip for a few days prior to foaling and yet the colostrum was there when needed...
default_yes.gif
That would be a God send if that happened! I went out to check on her as she is standing in her stall with her head hung down, and she would not let me check her. Everytime I would get close to her under belly she would pin her ears and walk away from me. She did eat alittle more of her feed, but not much.

Wish I could watch her, I'm up all nite with my mare, 2 matter of fact, both on a camera. I've got to get the cams to watch the babies being born. Good luck with your little ones. I'll be praying for your little one.

Looks like she's still got her baby on board this morning around 5:30 my time. I will keep checking back!

Latest posts

Back