my little simon

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlene

Reaction score
i had a portrait done of simon to go along with those of his corgi sister, maggie, and my old siberian husky. this is an 14 x 17 portrait. this artist is just amazing! she sent me a scan of the finished drawing and when i saw it, it took my breath away.

this is the picture she drew from...

Simonwallpaper4-1.jpg

when i sent it to her, i told her it was my favorite picture of him but that simon looked SO serious. she told me she would put a twinkle in his eye. oh boy, did she ever!! she also told me this is the best portrait she has ever done.
default_smile.png
i couldn't agree more!

dogportSimonCorgi2a.jpg

it was mailed to me today. i should have it by the middle of next week and it's going straight to my framer!!

Charlene..that is awesome..I love what she did with his eyes. Kim did a painting of Brutus for me a few months ago and I had it framed..it hangs above the couch in our week-end house..I love looking at it and I am so glad I had her do it.

It will look great framed..do you know where you are going to hang it yet?

Thinking of you,

Hugs

Charlene, that is lovely...just lovely.....and I love the twinkle in his eye........

So sorry he had to leave you and I am sure the girls are missing him too.....hugs to you.

sonya, i have been thinking of you, too, and hope you are having happy memories of brutus. i know it's early in your grief, as it is in mine, and sometimes it's hard to remember good times when we miss our furkids so much.

thank you, valerie. the big girls are doing much better. ashley searched for simon the first couple of days but she is back to barking at the window and pestering me to go for walks. swee' pea wasn't as bonded to si as ashley was so she didn't seem bothered by his absence although she was bothered by my sorrow. every time i cried, which was often those first couple of days, she would come over and lay her head in my lap or rub her face on mine to offer comfort. she's really a sweet girl!

here is a picture of my display...i will move the framed photo of me and gary to the other wall and hang simon's portrait to the right of flag, the husky.
default_smile.png

portraits.jpg

the ceramic corgi cookie jar is where maggie's ashes live and where i will place simon's ashes when i get them back soon.

Wow she did an amazing job! It will very good with the others. Very talented lady!

Sorry you still hurt for your little guy. He was a beautiful dog. Seems like the older we get the shorter we get to have our loved animals with us. Fifteen or twenty years can go by in a flash. I am sorry.

Latest posts

Back