My little Pony has come a long way!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm busy n tired, so we just played musical fly masks today.
20220917_144346.jpg20220917_144351.jpg20220917_145024.jpg

Yesterday-
Other than moving to the wall & walking a straight line, it was a hot mess. Lol.
Random blowups, won't stop, then can't wait half a second. 🤦🏽‍♀️
20220917_230533.gif

Went out onto the track for a change of pace tonight.
He forgot what a straight line is at first.
Moos were very nutty. Zooming around, yelling, generally making Phoenix antsy & bolty.
A few times, he tried to rush off as they ran up "behind" us, past us or "magically appeared" behind some trees. But I was able to stop him. I don't think it would of gone as well if he wasn't wearing a bit. 😑 I hate that it feels like I "bitted up", but at least he's listening to something.
He tried marching really quickly a couple of times, but was able to slow him back down.
His stops and waits were much better today. Just once he tried to go before I asked him to.
He definitely pretends to have self confidence!
20220918_181747.jpg20220918_181751.jpg20220918_182331.jpg

Oh no! I'm glad you are ok

Thanks!

Good grief, secuono! So sorry to read of that experience! You must feel miserable but hopefully not for long!

You have a good training plan in place and cannot go wrong with more ground work. Earlier this summer, I was going to put my driving pony back to work after a few year hiatus, with a quick ground refresher. Here we are in September and we’re still ground driving! 😂

Partly because I am just enjoying refining communication through patterns and walks! :)

Take care!

I've probably added a new lifelong issue that'll flair up here n there.
Took a week before I was walking normally again & able to get up/down or other similar moves without sharp pain, another week before I could slow run. Seems if I turn oddly or run too hard, it'll flair up. 😑

Oh no!! That was terrifying. How are you now? Glad to see your adorable horses to the rescue though.

Weirdly, I realized I wasn't afraid while he was freaking out. Just afterwards when the pain hit. Pun intended. But, unfortunately, I also could not think while he was bolting, so...ugh, that's no good! Lol.
I'm okay, trying to learn my new limits. 😶

Weirdly, I realized I wasn't afraid while he was freaking out. Just afterwards when the pain hit. Pun intended. But, unfortunately, I also could not think while he was bolting, so...ugh, that's no good! Lol.
I'm okay, trying to learn my new limits. 😶
Would you be relaxed riding on him again?

His new, smaller bit arrived.
It fits much more neatly!
Going to get it a soft hobble/curbstrap, as he flings his head around because of bugs and then the rings somehow whacks him & that further upsets him. 🤷🏽‍♀️ Idk, he's so weird. The little nubbin, idk what it's called, that it hangs from seems to help slightly with the flopping of the rings.
But I asked him to back up several times, from the ground next to his side, and he was much more quiet & willing. So, that's a good sign. Wasn't able to drive him today, though, ran out of time.
Screenshot_20220919-154903_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20220919-154911_Video Player.jpg

Tossed on a diy bit hobble & away we went!
Other than a little zig zagging, slowing too much and one moment of not wanting to wait, he did great!
No cattle distracting him, trotted a little 3× near home, too.
No gaping & no bit rings whacking him when he shook flies off.
=)
20220920_132531.gif

His new, smaller bit arrived.
It fits much more neatly!
Going to get it a soft hobble/curbstrap, as he flings his head around because of bugs and then the rings somehow whacks him & that further upsets him. 🤷🏽‍♀️ Idk, he's so weird. The little nubbin, idk what it's called, that it hangs from seems to help slightly with the flopping of the rings.
But I asked him to back up several times, from the ground next to his side, and he was much more quiet & willing. So, that's a good sign. Wasn't able to drive him today, though, ran out of time.
View attachment 48236View attachment 48237
He appears to have a short mouth; I've heard that they have a harder time than horses with a long mouth. I've had a couple of horses with short mouths and it does seem to make a difference. He has an interesting whorl on his forehead. What a character!

Laid over him today. Can't get my leg over, so just laid there. Lol.
Spooked older gelding, like usual, while hopping up there.
Later, brought home my skelecrew!

Lined up Dunie with Skelehorse, as they're both the same height.
Screenshot_20220925-195616_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20220925-195356_Video Player.jpg

Latest posts

Back