My little Pony has come a long way!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started working on something new!

Crossing while ridden happened on day one, but camera cut out after 20min.

Pictures posted here are from today, day two. =D

FB_IMG_1525658427266.jpgFB_IMG_1525658432500.jpgFB_IMG_1525658450984.jpg

Water sprayed his butt, he sucked it under and scooted forward. 3rd pic later, he's stopped and I'm laughing my head off.

FB_IMG_1525658463850.jpgFB_IMG_1525658469981.jpgFB_IMG_1525658476431.jpgFB_IMG_1525658511779.jpgFB_IMG_1525658522607.jpgFB_IMG_1525658527320.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What a sensible guy he is. You should get a job training police horses.

I bet he would be great at something like Cowboy Mounted Shooting. They have competitions around here and it looks challenging. If I was younger, I'd like to try it just for fun.

Locked the 3 stooges up by the barn and went for a ride. Mini called out to him and he decided to start acting like a fool. =/ He kept picking up the trot, never asked for it.

Was able to walk back without too much trouble, but enough to make me lunge him after we got to the barn.

He had lots of energy and cantered a stride on his own. So after working on coming down to a walk from trot a few times in both directions, I asked for a canter for a circle, then a sudden stop. He did it great in both directions.

Fudgecakes, do I need a safe arena to work him in....ugh.

Last edited by a moderator:
The other.

Tons of rain, hope it ends long enough to test em out!

20180518_162847.jpg

Ugh, seriously. Lol

Baby gelding bit the aussie....so...bought that ugly thing. 

Wintec looks like it fits. Rear panels match his back. Gullet seems to match. Rock also seems to be the same. 

20180520_164543.jpg

Moved it back some, but ugh, his shape always makes it come forward. 

20180521_123856.jpg

Last few rides, its stayed in place so far. Messed with the rear billet, its Y rigged, but is actually adjustable with a sliding buckle, unlike others with just a folded strap to "swing" on. 

Still getting used to the much smaller thigh blocks, so haven't gone on hills yet. Trotting seems a bit easier and he seems to be trotting more calmly. 

It's so ugly, faded to heck. Blueish, grey-purpleish mess. Anyone know what dye can be used on synthetic leather and synthetic suede??? Thorowgood doesn't get ugly...I miss it, sucks it was a bad fit.

be careful with the wintec.  they do not have a good rep.  they do not like to stay where they belong,  sliding forward seems to be the common complaint.  you could move the aussie saddle a little forward.  one to two inches,    i loved mine once i got used to it.  good luck with with your pony.  he is so cute.

be careful with the wintec.  they do not have a good rep.  they do not like to stay where they belong,  sliding forward seems to be the common complaint.  you could move the aussie saddle a little forward.  one to two inches,    i loved mine once i got used to it.  good luck with with your pony.  he is so cute.

Aussie was no good, sent back. I personally hate Wintec, but it's so far working well, just fugly! I do have single strap stirrup leathers from Wintec, love those! 

Aussie was weirdly made, tree is directly under the padding at the gullet and at the rear, nothing in the middle! Bizarre. Horse hated it. 

Looks nice now, but it seems that wee half inch is really important...ugh.

20180619_155219.jpg

Sure can't let him graze in this breastcollar....lol. Can a shaped ridden pulling breastplate be used or only cart ones?

Got the general fit, will perfect it later & lunge him in it when it stops threatening to rain. Crupper would be the only thing he might retaliate against. I don't think it will need added holes, but we'll see!

Hoping it can fit the baby gelding, too. He needs more general ground work before I try to fit it to him, though. 

His cart arrives Tuesday!!

20180722_120755(0).jpg

Latest posts

Back