My little Pony has come a long way!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hopped off n led him through a couple times, then hopped back on and kept trying. He eventually, mostly, got it right. Lol

I'll be making my own to practice.

FB_IMG_1503011624119.jpgFB_IMG_1503011634068.jpgFB_IMG_1503011646231.jpgFB_IMG_1503011651043.jpgFB_IMG_1503011654035.jpgFB_IMG_1503011679020.jpgFB_IMG_1503011683030.jpgFB_IMG_1503011687961.jpgFB_IMG_1503011699556.jpgFB_IMG_1503011705574.jpg

Hard to believe this is the same pony. I had never thought of using a pool toy as a means too desensitize.

You sure have done a ripper job with him
default_smile.png

Weather has been nice, so working with him again.

He started being a turd about standing still for mounting, so worked on that one day, next day he only needed to be reminded of the work he has to do if he doesn't stand still, lol. 3rd day, statue. =)

Then worked on stopping randomly and just waiting around.

Last night, we worked on trotting. I need more work on that than he.

Led a parade of dogs and one mini...lol

FB_IMG_1503767175076.jpg

I'm back to relearning to trim his feet. They got away from me. =/ Others are still mostly on track, so that's good that it's not a train wreck. Bought new tools, too. Was about time for it.

Weight tape is between the 730 & 740 mark. *phew* Been worried he's gained Weight!

The baby gelding is at 11h, 11.3 at the hip, one hand left to go! Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Been working on not nose diving for grass. One ride was full of diving and driving him on. Other ride was his version of being 'hot', so didn't go well. Today, I decided to try out the daisy/grass reins. Would of gotten the start of the ride if I had them adjusted short enough. He yanked the saddle a good 3-4in and onto his shoulders. =/ But otherwise, a nice, quiet ride, darn near relaxing, lol. Had sheep out, he took notice of, but no spook. Dog out by far gate, notice, but no spook. Bolting kitties, dogs and horses, no problem.

Sorry it's lopsided and I mumble. You can skip the first minute or so.

Bought 14 more hay nets! Got 4 from TSC, but I should of waited, could of gotten 8 for the same price from this other place. Ah well.

Have 6 other nets, 1 tiny holed net that is mia and another net at a trainers. Makes for 27 useable nets!

Why so many? Well, I want to fill up several days worth of meals for tthe horses, so that when the weather is nasty, I can just pick one up and hang it up.

I think I'll use them for my sheep as well, Billy group can use them no problem when they are stealing as I'm filling them up, lol. Just have to see if it helps reduce waste or not.

FB_IMG_1511038987894.jpg

We have several slow feeder hay nets we use. A whole lot less waste. They can't pull out as much so don't drop as much; to pee, poop, and stomp into the ground. Also last longer because they can't pull excessive amount out.

Also have used it for our goat and it works. She is the worse at wasting hay.

Sheep are wasteful in general, they'll pull hay out, decide it's no good and spit it out to get a new mouthful.... =/ I've seen them do it, looks fine to me, lol.

Bought 14 more hay nets! Got 4 from TSC, but I should of waited, could of gotten 8 for the same price from this other place. Ah well.

Have 6 other nets, 1 tiny holed net that is mia and another net at a trainers. Makes for 27 useable nets!

Why so many? Well, I want to fill up several days worth of meals for tthe horses, so that when the weather is nasty, I can just pick one up and hang it up.

I think I'll use them for my sheep as well, Billy group can use them no problem when they are stealing as I'm filling them up, lol. Just have to see if it helps reduce waste or not.

attachicon.gif
FB_IMG_1511038987894.jpg
Good idea to have extra for bad weather.

New nets are a bit lost in transit.....ugh.

Got some new critters. Dune did great with them. Funny because longears freak him out, but these strange new things he doesn't mind. =/

received_10155872152467359.jpeg

Latest posts

Back