My last lesson

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebecca

Reaction score
Well I had my last riding lesson at a barn I've been riding at for the past five years. I feel pretty bad, me and two of my friends were the original 5 o'clock lesson and we're all leaving. She has already sold the barn and is leasing it but it will probably get knocked down this year. It's such beautiful land, it's incredibly sad to see it go.
default_no.gif
I'll definitely miss the horses and the people but my friends and I still connect outside of riding and I'll drop by next week to give my instructor a gift and say good bye to all the horses. I'll miss them so much but I know if I don't leave now I'll have to anyway and I just needed a different place where I can improve my riding a bit more.

Since I came five years ago my skills have grown so much. I met people I could really connect with and I've made some great friends. There are only a few lesson kids, maybe 5-6. And we've all seen horses come and go. This barn is so special and so is the woman who works here.

All of her horses are so calm and willing, I love them all and every one has a special place in my heart. I'm trying to think positive but it's still hard to say goodbye to a place I call my home away from home.
default_bye-sad.gif

Anyways here are a few photos, we took a lot tonight, it was beautiful, a perfect evening for my last ride there.
default_wub.png

Yours truly on April, the cutest little pony, she is so good

IMG_5712.jpg

IMG_5727.jpg

IMG_5728.jpg

My friend Paige on Leo, a gorgeous Morgan, he has the most amazing trot

IMG_5741.jpg

IMG_5745.jpg

IMG_5746.jpg

IMG_5752.jpg

Jill, another girl who was in this lesson, riding Bailey. She's not leaving.

IMG_5751.jpg

I love this shot, pretty pony Franny says good bye!
default_biggrin.png

IMG_5775.jpg

Thanks for letting me share, I love this place.
default_saludando.gif
default_wub.png

Rebecca

That must be hard.....

The barn I'm at I've been at for almost 13 years!!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
I can hardly believe it, and there have been some pretty big changes through those years....some of them easier than others....

When I started there were 11 horses in the barn...now there are just 3....the owners (my coaches) 2 and my guy. I have to admit it is a lot nicer!
default_smile.png
But I miss certain people who have been through the barn in that time....some people I'm glad to no longer have to deal with.....

~kathryn

There are only 7 lesson horses, 1 is a boarder's horse, and 2 already have places to go with past lesson kids, and April's looking for a home. The rest she'll take with her along with her older retirees. MOst of the boarders have left already so it's weird walking past a shed row of empty stalls that were all full a year ago.

Wow Anoki, 13 years!
default_new_shocked.gif
That's a long time to be at one place. It'll be weird to leave. Do you have your own barn or are you just bringing your horse to a new place?

Rebecca, closing down my training stable in Florida to move up here was the hardest thing to do. That place had a lot of fond memories; the horses, ponies, kids, and even all the barn kitties. Saying good bye to so many years of busting my arse at that place was a tear jerker for me and all my people I had to leave behind. I really didn't think they cared so much until they knew I was leaving! They threw me a huge party and we had a fun show for a last hurrah. Recently I found tons of wonderful pictures and videos of the good days spent there. Many of the people are still in touch with me today through emails and Christmas cards. It means a lot. Think if this as a new beginning for you all and I know many more happy days will be awaiting for you at your new stable. As that barn door closes, another will open. Best wishes for your future riding.

. As that barn door closes, another will open.

Marty, Can I use that quote in my signature? . That is truly meaningful and true .
default_smile.png

:Kim

Rebecca, your post had me in tears. I've felt the hurt and loss of moving on from a place that was truly loved and cherished.

It may not be the way it was before, but you will find that you can enjoy other places just as much.

I wish you all the best
default_smile.png

Back