My last foal of the year is here

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley

Reaction score
Boy did he make an entrance. I just got home from moveing my stuff. I noticed the mare was acting off. I went in to have lunch, watched her from the house until she vanished. I headed out to the barn and there she was pushing him out up against a wall. I got the bag off and move away from the wall. We had some work to do as he had a hard time nurseing at first. I gave him some colostrum and kept putting him under mom, but all he would do is walk under her. Finally there was latching on. He hasnt stoped since.

He is a tiny guy, no appy yet, but he does have 2 crystal blue eyes. I think he will mature a bit smaller then mom who is 32.5.

Here he is pictured at a hour old. Excuse the bad pic, I took it with my cell phone.

Rivcolt.jpg

Soxy, our big horse is in the paddock next to them. She kept insisting that he was her foal! She was going nuts, talking to him and paceing the fence. Finally she gave up and went back eatting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Ashley! Gotta luv those pintos
default_biggrin.png

Yes, so far he has had a black colt, a black varnish appy filly and this colt. He has one more foal to come yet.

aww congrats . . . Messy my palomino mare (avatar) is due on Tuesday but my mom is convinced she is waiting for me to get home from college because she has nothing going on. Icy has his first two foals comming this summer out of our Dandy daughter (this will be a half sibling to Cash the sorrel pinto I show) and out of our big bay mare who lost an amazing pintaloosa filly last year (I'm still so mad about that!)

Nice babies so far! Will you be showing them this summer?

Nope, dont really plan on showing at all. Just maybe hitting one with Zodiak to finish his hall of fame, but other then that I have a busy summer with school and home improvements.

Hi Ashley!
default_saludando.gif

Your new colt is awesome!! Congratulations!!!
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back