My husband's hobby.........

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Genie

Reaction score
372124258.jpg

372124257.jpg

372124254.jpg

372124252.jpg

372124261.jpg

So much talent on the forum and I wanted to share the beauty of the stained glass work my husband does in the winter when you can't work in the fields and do much of anything outside, other than blow snow
default_wacko.png

Indeed talented! Beautiful works of art - he does a fabulous job! Very ncie! Very nice!
He just does them for family...they are usually very treasured. Some people don't understand the hours and hours required for perfection.

The glass pieces are perfectly cut and then using a diamond head grinder, made perfectly rounded for even joins.

Last edited by a moderator:
That chandelier in the dining room is to die for !!!
default_drool5.gif
default_drool5.gif

They are ALL very nice !

I have seen his work in person, and he does fantastic work....
default_wub.png

Jim's woodwork is also amazing.
default_wink.png

They are beautiful!!! What a talented guy. And with our winters he must have lots of time to spend making these works of art.
default_biggrin.png

Thanks to all of you.

The dining room light is a "tiffany" pattern called "Circa 1880"

Many of his lights are Tiffany copies but some are his own design.

The white one with the evergreen trees, tobogganing and skaters, is his own pattern called Nixons Hill, which is our farm and where the kids always tobogganed and skated.

Thanks Mary, I sort of take him for granted don't I? I didn't even think of showing his woodworking talents.

Therye gorgeous Genie. How does he make them??? So much talent.
He either has a pattern or makes a pattern.

Then buys sheets of glass in the colours he thinks will look best.

Then he has to cut the pattern into pieces of papers in the shapes he needs.

Puts the paper on the glass and traces the pattern.

Then cuts out with a glass cutter and then uses a diamond head grinder to smooth the edges and ensure the pieces are fitting...sort of like a jigsaw.

Then he wraps the edges with copper foil and solders them together.

It's more in depth than that but that's a quick overview.

If you ever has a wig and remember the styrofoam head you could store it on, thats the type of form he uses to place the glass pieces when he is soldering them together.

The white one with the evergreen trees, tobogganing and skaters, is his own pattern called Nixons Hill, which is our farm and where the kids always tobogganed and skated.
That one is my very favourite.

They are all really beautiful. Your husband is quite a talented man.

Very beautiful, indeed! Thank you so much for sharing your photos!

Peggy

I am in awe!!! He uses his bare hands to make these beautiful pieces of art! Just beautiful!!!!

372207965.jpg

372207962.jpg

372208057.jpg

As Reble said, Jim also does woodworking, so I thought I would add these pictures to give you an idea of what an old Ford Motor retiree does in his retirement. He was an Office worker at Ford, so isn't really mechanically inclined, but can create, design and build
default_smile.png

Thanks for having a look at his work as it's a private thing for him really as it's only for family he will create.

Latest posts

Back