my husband is nearing the end of his long fight

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so sorry that you are losing your beloved husband, and I am so glad that God is an important part of your lives. I am glad, too, that you have your husband's family around you, helping you both and helping each other.

SuziB

[SIZE=14pt]Charlene,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]You are an amazing woman. This has to be hurting more than I can imagine, but you are staying strong for Gary. You two are so lucky to have each other.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]God will carry him home and He will carry you through this. Please keep us posted and thank you for sharing the most intimate details of your personal life with us.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]((((((((HUGS))))))))[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Shannon
default_smile.png
[/SIZE]

Charlene,

Our family conitinues to pray for you and Gary...I'm glad you are getting some rest and I'm glad he is home with your family now.

Charlene, I continue to keep you and Gary in my thoughts and prayer each and every day. So glad to hear that Gary is home and able to have time in his special chair and be surrounded by friend and family. Know that GOD is with you every moment of every day. That he is giving you both, strength, love, grace, and peace. Strength to you, to see that you are able to help Gary. Peace to Gary to make his journey from this earthly world to that of GODS KINGDOM an easy one.

This I know is not easy. I too have been there with my mother who had been ill. She left this earth with peace. I pray this for Gary as well.

OH MY GOODNESS!! I just read the news, I am so sorry. I have no idea what you are going through directly, but my warmest and most sincere thoughts are with you. I have to relate to what my husband might have to go through with me and it just breaks my heart. Rely on your friends and family, it's my salvation right now, and rest in God's arms. I pray that God's love surpasses all of your emotions and covers you with peace and warmth. You will get to see him again, it's not goodbye, it a see ya later, and he will be healthy, whole, and painless.

OH MY GOODNESS!! I just read the news, I am so sorry. I have no idea what you are going through directly, but my warmest and most sincere thoughts are with you. I have to relate to what my husband might have to go through with me and it just breaks my heart. Rely on your friends and family, it's my salvation right now, and rest in God's arms. I pray that God's love surpasses all of your emotions and covers you with peace and warmth. You will get to see him again, it's not goodbye, it a see ya later, and he will be healthy, whole, and painless.
oh you sweet girl, to take the time to post here! i have added you to my prayers and i think about you every day. your strength will spill over to your husband and you will see that he will be your best support. you hang in there, some day this will all be just a memory for you.

again, thank you all for your kindness and most especially for your thoughts and prayers. gary is failing quickly, he sleeps most of the time now but he is in no pain and that is what is most important to me. we are at peace, i know when he leaves this world, he will be in God's care and i cannot ask for more than that. and you are so right...i WILL see him again some day and we will dance on the clouds.

Charlene,

I am glad to hear Gary is comfortable and without pain.

You were so right to bring him home.

Take care of yourself, too. Even though your brain know the

inevitability of this.......it will still shock you emotionally.

We're all here to help you.......

You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

Oh my, this is so heartbreaking to hear.
default_sad.png

Adding my prayers and good thoughts to your family, Charlene, and hoping that Gary's passing is peaceful.

{{{hugs}}}}

I'm at a loss for words, but wanted you to know that my family is praying for your family. Your strength thru this terrible tragedy is awesome-I wish I was closer to help you thru it-sending a cyber hug to you.

Charlene, I'm at a loss for words too.....but I am glad to hear Gary is not in pain...

words just don't work for me..... (((((hugs))))) You have and continue to be in my thoughts constantly

~kathryn

I really am at a loss for words but you and yours family have my blessings. I will be thinking of Gary and you. You are a very strong woman. Big hugs, and how the warmth in this thread shows just how wonderful the people of this forum are.
default_wub.png

Hey Charlene!

I'm new here, so I really don't "know" anyone, but my thoughts and prayers are with you! My husband lost his mother to cancer too. It was a looooong battle and it was horrible. We understand what you are going through. He sends his thoughts and prayers to you too. We live near Jerseyville, which isn't right next door to you, but it isn't that far away either. If you need anything, send me a private email.

God Bless!!

Hey Charlene!

I'm new here, so I really don't "know" anyone, but my thoughts and prayers are with you! My husband lost his mother to cancer too. It was a looooong battle and it was horrible. We understand what you are going through. He sends his thoughts and prayers to you too. We live near Jerseyville, which isn't right next door to you, but it isn't that far away either. If you need anything, send me a private email.

God Bless!!
well hey, howdy neighbor!! you aren't more than an hour or so away. when things quiet down, maybe we can meet, i would love that!

gary woke up this morning for his meds but fell asleep just after nana and i bathed him. he has been unresponsive all day, we have been unable to wake him. the hospice nurse was here this afternoon and said she cannot tell us how long it will be but that it seems the end could be close. she suggested that i cut his dose of methadone in half tonight to see if, perhaps, he will rally tomorrow or wednesday and wake up. his vital signs were all normal. we did put him on oxygen today because his breathing seemed labored. aside from that, he seems quite comfortable and is showing no signs of pain. he is so sound asleep, he cannot even squeeze my hand when i ask.

i am truly at peace with God's wish. i do not want to see gary linger for days and days like this. this is not the man i fell madly in love with. there is simply a body in that bed, a body that is worn out. i discussed with his family today his funeral wishes. it will be simple, nothing elaborate. gary wants a quiet, simple graveside service. i will contact an acquaintance of mine who is a bagpiper. there is nothing more beautiful to me than hearing "amazing grace" on the pipes. i guess i'm doing this more for me than anything else but i know gary would not object to indulging me this one last time. i am hoping to slip away tomorrow to look at caskets and talk to the funeral director. these are things i want to be able to have all done before i actually need them.

thank you again, everyone, for your thoughts and prayers. i know i don't have to ask that you continue to pray for a peaceful journey for my sweet man. i am confident it will be just that. i have so often been thinking about lisa and robert. i do so hope they are surrounded by as much love and compassion as i have been at home.

there is one thing i will ask of you all, just for me. on thanksgiving day, when you gather, please thank God for the continued health and well being of your loved ones. give your spouses, significant others, partners, an extra big hug just for me and tell them that you love them. those words can never been said too many times.
default_smile.png

Thank you, Charlene, for taking the time and effort from your own very important agenda, to come and remind us how fortunate we are, though you do this just by being you...and telling your story.

The love you have for your husband is what shines through your messages.

My thoughts and wishes for all that you wish for to come true...

You are so brave,

Liz M.

Charlene that is a good ideal to get things in order, bless you for being so strong...
default_pray.gif

You are an amazing woman
picofangels.jpg

I am heading to bed now, and will be saying a special prayer for you tonight

Hi Charlene,

You are an amazing woman. We went through something similar a few years back when my step-father had a brain tumor. We nursed him for 8 weeks, at home, before he passed away. It is very tough on everyone.

I'm so glad that he is with you, in familiar surroundings. The hospital is no place to be. I bet, that even though he isn't responsive, he can hear and feel your presence.

It's amazing where you can draw the strength from. I mentioned in my other post, that you and your husband have been on my mind so much. Your story is the reason I am learning to relax and appreciate the man I have in my life, not to mention my children and the rest of my loved ones.

You are an inspiration.
default_cheekkiss.gif

I am thinking of you both often and I am sending all of my love your way.

xox Leonie xox

Latest posts

Back