My husband bought me a new piece of "jewerly"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ErikaS.

Reaction score
default_biggrin.png
I told my husband years ago that I don't need jewelry, I'd rather have livestock. Last year I got a fainting goat to add to my goat collection- my "jewelry box", if you will. Yesterday, it was a large mini:

Newpony001.jpg

Okay, so here's the story: I went to the 4-H horse show at the local fair yesterday, petted the horses, talked with a friend, when I saw a teenage boy (and he wasn't a little person) riding this guy. The horse had a sign duct- taped to his rear that read, "$75 o/b/o", and he looked rather sad. I asked the kid about him and was told he is 2-3 years old, recently gelded and broke to ride. Well, I went home straight away and talked to my husband who said, "You want to buy something, don't you?" when he first saw me. Six years of marriage and he can read me like a book (sometimes.) I went back to the fair and bought the little guy and took him home.

Newpony002.jpg

Well, he's quiet and calm, so far. I think he's a red dun- got the dorsal stripe on his back- and he looks better today than he did yesterday. My Trigger is absolutely THRILLED with his new pasture pal! He hasn't lived with another horse for two years, though he does have goat friends. Last pic, and, yes, I know my mini is fat:
Newpony005.jpg

How wonderful for y'all! Congratulations on your new boy!

He's very nice. Is his tail docked or just cut? Glad you were there to rescue him!!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif

He looks a real gem to me, sounds like your hubby's a real "keeper" too!

BTW, the color experts are probably going to correct me, but the new guy looks like a silver bay to me (light m/t, black legs) but he may have something like Pangere going on there (gives lighter markings on the belly and face, rather like what you see on a donkey.) I like 'em on the biggish side, so whatever color he is, he's handsome!
default_wub.png

I am glad you got this baby away from someone who shouldnt have had him... A big kid ...Riding him-Hello

I am glad your husband let you get him and any other babies you want.. They are much sweeter than jewelry...

He looks so sweet- give him lots of ((HUGS)))

default_aktion033.gif
congrats on your new boy, he looks sweet. I bet Trigger is very happy to have his new buddy too
default_biggrin.png

ruffian, in the first picture he has a tail, he must be swishing it in the second.

I bet you were shocked when you saw that kid riding him. When we got our latest mini "Nick" at the amish auction several weeks ago, I had to watch him while hubby went home to get a different vehicle to haul him home in. I had paid for him and was watching him in the stall they had him in and an amish family came up on the other side of the stall. The kids climbed into the stall and were pulling him around by his halter and then all of a sudden this amish boy probably 9 or 10 years old jumps on the back of my 3 month old Nick. Well I let out a yell NO!!! He got right off of Nick's back and they left soon after that.

Anyway your new boy is beautiful. Have you named him yet?? We only paid $55 for Nick and thats how he got his name Double Nickels AKA Rowdy Nick.

I'm just guessing at a color. THe guy I bought him from was told he was a palamino(sp?). And I said, nope, I don't think he is. Silver bay did pop into into my head, but then he has a dorsal stripe... I seriously have no idea.

He looks so sweet! How lucky he is to have found you!

default_aktion033.gif
Congrats ! What a cutie. He looks like a silver bay to me, beautiful color

I brushed him out today. He's a little shy, but that's okay. I got a closer look at him: he's got girth galls and halter sores. Poor guy. I didn't realized how lucky and loved-on my own mini is. Well, new guy will get loved-on, too. No name, yet. We are thinking Bullet... Trigger and Bullet.

He's very cute! He's very lucky to find you. Look forward to seeing more pics of your fellas. Your husband sounds like a great guy.
default_smile.png

He looks like a sweet boy and I bet you will have a lot of fun with him.

I do agree, he is silver bay (dun too from what you describe).

What a cute little silver bay
default_wink.png

I bet he'll sure be happy living with Trigger and I'm sure Trigger will be happy with Bullet! Trigger is beautiful, BTW! Fat? Yes, but very nice
default_wub.png

Oh, and please name your next ''jewerly'' item Roy
default_biggrin.png

Wish there were more people like you out there. Great story and a very beautiful guy. Congrats! Joyce

Latest posts

Back