My house/land updates

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CLC Stables

Reaction score
Well as many of you know from my previous posts, my wife and I just bought 10 acres. It is flat and fully irrigated, however has not been lived at for over 5 years, and is an OLD VINEYARD. We signed last week and 15 minutes later my wife gets the acceptance letter for Law School. So we have been trying to get as much done as possible in these next few weeks before she has to leave.

Well things are going well. We have cleared off and piled about 5 acres of grapes into large piles. Last night we started pulling T-Posts and pulled 146, 7 foot Tposts in about 2 hours. Not bad. We will due more tonight. It is great thought because now we know we will have all the posts to do our fencing. If we were to buy those same size T-posts today they are $7.50 each, so just last night we pulled out $1020 worth of Tposts.

I think I am going to make a webpage of the start to finish as we are taking picture of every segment of work we are doing.

Just thought I would update everyone

It sounds awesome. I'd love to be able to see the progress though pictures. Please tell your wife congratulations on law school too!

Hey Rob, Missed you at the TRAC show. Congrats on all the new exciting adventures! Any chance you guys will be in WW for the races on Labor Day? ~ Becky

Keeping a picture log is an EXCELLENT idea!

Four years ago we bought a 45 acre piece of property with an old farm house and a newer barn. Originally it was a cattle ranch and then a breeding ranch for Arabians...... It needed A LOT of work......still does.

But looking back at the photos of the place when we first moved in and seeing it now does help make us realize that we HAVE done SOMETHING.
default_laugh.png
default_rolleyes.gif
Otherwise, we would just see all of the work we still need to do!

Congratulations on your wonderful new life, BTW.
default_smile.png

The even better news for the last couple of days is we pulled out 348 T Posts (there are still more on the back section of property) that is worth (if we bought them in the store today) $2610.00

Also they left us an old Ford Tractor that hadn't ran in 7 years. Yeah we took 20 minutes and $90.00 yesterday and it is running like a champ...............WHOO HOOOO

Latest posts

Back