My horse was attacked

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, today the little guy is even better. Giving me a hard time about flushing and treating his wound, though. Feisty! My daughter and I are going to go to the 4th festivities with my family, but my husband has decided to stay home to watch everyone, and I think to say goodbye to his dog named Scrappy. Funny thing about that name.

Hope you are all having a good day too, and again I would like to thank everyone for their kind words and support. A few of you even sent PM's that were very touching.

Thanks to all,

Lori

Well, we all got through today here. Dog has been euthanized..........very hard to do. But, I do feel safer with the horses/child now at home.

Colt is doing well, healing nicely day by day. He hates being treated and having his wound flushed, but these things must be done.

Thanks to all for your support and kind words.

Lori

OMG!!!! Thank heavens you saved the little guy and the rest of them too. You are lucky the dog didnt break the little guy's neck (the shaking motion is usually how they kill their 'prey') And I am so glad it was not your child.

You made the right decision- I would NEVER trust this dog again, and of course you certainly couldnt find it another home with it having those tendancies.

Hope your little one is healing quickly, poor thing!! Hugs to you for your ordeal! That is never an easy decision, no matter what the reason, even when they are old.

Laurie

Back