My herd is about to DOUBLE...lol

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindaL

Reaction score
OK, so both Deb and I "agreed" that we would not purchase any new horses until AFTER we move to Florida...but we all know it is a incurable disease and I looked on the saleboard daily (if not more...
default_rolleyes.gif
) "just in case", because you just never know...
default_wacko.png
default_wink.png

So, I have been eyeing a few of Leeana's horses she had offered for awhile, but never did anything...until this week when she updated her sales ad...and I emailed her (what could it hurt to just find out about the horses, right?
default_rolleyes.gif
). From the very 1st email from Leeana, I realized how easy she would be to work with and we could work out a deal!
default_yes.gif
Now to convince the wife...LOL!
default_new_shocked.gif
I told her the facts and while she was hesitant, since we are about to make a cross- country trip in a few weeks...I let her know that Leeana would work with us and we could/should do this now. (Oh and if I am being honest, I did some pouting, too...LOL
default_517.gif
) The next morning, I was emailing her back telling her that I'd like to go ahead!
default_biggrin.png

So, AFTER Nationals and after we get settled in Florida, we will be adding the 3 new mares to our herd!
default_488.gif
(Khan will be happy next spring...lol
default_whistling.gif
)

They include (pics courtesy of Leeana Hackworth and horses shown in pasture condition):

"STS Steel'n The Spotlight" 2 yr old AMHR silver bay filly sired by "Buckeye WCF Stainless Steel"

asihfoiher3333043.jpg

"Sharrway Replica's Sequel" 14 yr old AMHR bay mare who is a Rowdy granddaughter and great-granddaughter.

SSSSER3011.jpg

"Little Kings Crimson Dream" 9 yr old AMHA/AMHR red roan mare who is off LKF and is bred to a AMHR Palomino stallion for a 2011 foal!
101x3.jpg
(older show pic)

Thanks soooo much Leeana for being so great to work with and giving us the opportunity to add these wonderful mares to our growing herd! Can't wait to get them home in a few months!
default_cheers.gif

Congrats on your new girls! I bet you can't wait to get settled and get them to your new home
default_smile.png

Congrats!!!! That's what happens when you're moving your horses into a barn with lots of stalls!!!

Barbie

Wow... that really IS doubling your herd! Congrats!

Andrea

Congrats!!!! That's what happens when you're moving your horses into a barn with lots of stalls!!!

Barbie
I know, right?? Having 12 BIG stalls is gonna be dangerous.....lmao!
default_laugh.png

Thanks dgrminis, Barbie and Andrea!!
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
You will love them, they are all very dear to me and Dream has always been one of my favorite horses (as well as one of my favorite to look at! She is so feminine and even covered in dirt she is pretty and elegant!!). I think they will make great Khan girlfriends! Yeah!!

Momini's on the forum owns Sequels 2009 colt, Classical Armani, so talk about keeping it "in the family"!!
default_yes.gif

Congratulations Linda....I always feel like I make a friend when I sell a horse, or buy a horse! This is no exception
default_laugh.png

Goodluck at Nationals
default_wink.png

Leeana

I always know I'm in trouble when she starts out honeyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. But until this she has been very good and probably only brought to my attention 1% of the horses she's been interested in since we decided to make the big move. So after looking at the great horses and what great "driving" prospects two of them appeared to be and of course she was smart enough to make sure at least one of them was my favorite color of horse a silver bay. And of course how easy Leeana made the terms for us. It didn't seem that we could pass them up. Although I will admit I had to do some hard thinking on it. But they look like wonderful girls. And thanks Leeana for making the little girl in my wife so very happy with Khan's new girlfriends. But honey you really MUST stay off the sale board now until we're settled in Florida, window shopping only. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

Wow Congrats well yes you are right all that property can be dangerous!

I have always loved Dream I know you will be so happy in your new home with all your new horses...

See I do not get to say this often.( I was right).. but all those years ago when I told you- dont worry just let things be and they will fall into place and you will find it all and look... years later... you got it all
default_laugh.png
default_aktion033.gif

Wow Congrats well yes you are right all that property can be dangerous!

I have always loved Dream I know you will be so happy in your new home with all your new horses...

See I do not get to say this often.( I was right).. but all those years ago when I told you- dont worry just let things be and they will fall into place and you will find it all and look... years later... you got it all
default_laugh.png
default_aktion033.gif

I won't argue....you WERE right!
default_biggrin.png

Congats on your purchases!

It took everything I had not to call or email Leeana about buying LK Crimson Dream from her. I have eyeballed her since she added her to her herd and then for sale. Hubby kept saying NO and I had to keep slapping my hand too.
default_smile.png

Hope her and the other 2 mares compleate a piece of your heart!

Linda and Deb,

Congrats on the new horses! I love them all. I was just at Leeannas a few weeks ago and admired them all. Leeanna shared with me the good news last night and I am so happy for all of you! And I can certainly say that Leeanna, being one of my best girlfriends is super sweet and is VERY easy to work with! We love her!

I will say, I considered Sequel. I am a pony girl like Leeana and don't need any minis, but really thought about her!

I am so glad she will have a great new home and some wonderful new mommies. I know you will love all 3. They are even greater beauties in person!

Congratulations ladies!

Ellen

Thanks again everyone! I am sooo happy with our new girls and can't wait to get them to Florida!! (Hope they don't mind not having snow in the winter...lol)
default_biggrin.png

How exciting! Congratulations to everyone involved! Yes, we do have Armani here and he's a doll! Hubby just loves him and is actually talking about showing him HIMESELF next year instead of having me lead him. That's a real shocker and speaks volumes about how much he likes Armani. I know she's going to produce well for you, you should see the head on Armani! WOWEE!!! We have to keep in touch about what you are doing with dear ol' Mom.

Man, I am trying to sell half of mine, and here you go and buy that many little poopers!

Congrats to everyone. So glad you guys are back in it and have a wonderful time!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

If I weren`t cutting way down I would have loved to have Dream...they are ALL nice...but I have been looking at her for awhile now. Just had to keep reminding myself its time to slow down a little....[boy is that hard to do!]

Thanks you guys! I am really pleased that I was able to get these mares and hopefully will have a foal from Dream next spring, too!! Excited about that...will be setting up a foaling stall/camera at the new place...
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
(My last foal was born in 2003, so its been a long time since I have had my own little baby to mess with!
default_wub.png
)

Latest posts

Back