My Granddaughter Alana

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gini

Reaction score
Haven't posted in a while about Alana and her illness. We have all been on a roller coaster ride with the Doctors. She will be leaving for Childrens Hospital in Cincinnati Ohio on Saturday. She will have oxygen and a medical assistant with her. She starts the battery of testing to meet the standards for a lung transplant. This will be a long hard road for our little one and we are asking for prayers.

Mona is right! It just seems our children are being hit very hard right now with these major illnesses. My prayer list is growing with all the children being posted on the forum. Please keep all these children in your thoughts and prayers and also add Alana to that long list.

Alana has and will continue to be in my prayers, I was just thinking about her when reading up on the other posts and was hoping she was doing ok, glad you are posting an update. She is such a cute little girl, her picture sticks in my mind.
default_wub.png

Yes Gini, you know I'll continue to pray for Alana. She must be one tough little girl for all she has gone through too. Give her some extra hugs from us here at the forum.
default_wub.png

I have been wondering about her but was worried that with everything going on it might have been more stressful for you to do a update. Little Alana has been and will always be on my prayer list. It is just terrible that these little ones have to go threw this.. Please God, give Alana the strength she needs for this transplant...
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I will continue to keep your beautiful granddaughter in my thoughts and prayers!

Gini, you know many of us "fly" with her to keep her safe and will be with her in heart and spirit as she goes thru this. Love to you all.
default_wub.png

Gini,

you know I've been praying for Alana daily - I will continue to pray for her and all the other children that are in need.

Alana has and will continue to be in my prayers, I was just thinking about her when reading up on the other posts and was hoping she was doing ok, glad you are posting an update. She is such a cute little girl, her picture sticks in my mind.
default_wub.png
DITTO>>>fromKANSAS too!

I have kept her in my prayers!! Wish she was going to Childrens hospital in Columbus and I could help them out.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. A few have asked me what she has. It is called CHILDS.

Childrens Intersticial Lung Disease. There are 2 types neither are curable however one is worse than the other. Alana has the worst of the 2. This is a 4 year old child and from what we are hearing and learning about this disease. It seems some of these children are born with mono that was undetected. Go figure!

That seems to be the trigger. Kay thank you. The Dr that is treating her is Dr Young and it seems that she is the Doctor that has been discovering many things about this insedious disease. There are as of now Dr

Young says, only around 400 children in the world have been diagnosed.

I will update during this process. It starts on Monday with Alana checking in.

Again thank you all for your prayers for our precious girl. She is now starting her journey!!

Prayers will be sent for your little Alana.

Continuing to keep Alana in my thoughts and prayers.

Latest posts

Back