My Friesian mare and Mini filly

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CheyAut

Reaction score
Here is my baby filly Solitaire and my 3 y/o Friesian mare Radiance, so cute ;) (the tarp on the ground is b/c the horses knocked over the water bucket when it was half full, then when hubby filled it back up he left the hose running... so it was all mud there, I put the tarp there so I wouldn't have to walk through it since it's at the gate! LOL)

solmore85-24-8.jpg

solmore55-24-8.jpg

solmore65-24-8.jpg

I turned out the babies to play, they don't live next to the big horses (actually the big horses live in this area, and I move them for turnout (I have another turnout for the minis, too). I tied up the dams b/c they weren't ok yet with them all together... meaning the other mares, they're ok with the other babies. So they were all in there with the babies, but tied for safety (and hubby and I were there the whole time).

More Solitaire

solitaire395-24-8.jpg

solitaire355-24-8.jpg

solitaire245-24-8.jpg

Solitaire with Jackpot's dam, Casi

solcasi5-24-8.jpg

My filly Sierra

sierra175-24-8.jpg

sierra145-24-8.jpg

Following hubby

craigsier5-24-8.jpg

And my colt Jackpot

jackpot185-24-8.jpg

jackpot145-24-8.jpg

jackpot75-24-8.jpg

Funny photo of him nursing... Casi will lift her leg often for him! LOL

jackpot55-15-8.jpg

Jessi

They are all beautiful!!! The size comparison pictures are jaw dropping!!! SO much difference in size!!!

They are all beautiful!!! The size comparison pictures are jaw dropping!!! SO much difference in size!!!

Thank you! Yes, I LOVE the size difference, so neat I think
default_smile.png

Jessi

Your foals are beautiful.
default_smile.png
And, boy, do I love Friesians! Your mare is just lovely! I'd lke to find a mini Friesian someday...

Wow, how awesome! Love the pics of your Friesian next to your filly, astounding size difference isn't it? Pretty pretty babies, and biggies too!!
default_wub.png

HAHA wow the size difference is incredible. In the first one, I almost mistook the foal for a dog!

Very very cute horses all around.
default_wub.png

What excellent photos!!

I love the nursing photo. What a sweet Mum, lifting her leg for here baby.
default_wub.png

You look as if you have all shapes and sizes covered at your place!

default_aktion033.gif
Those are just GREAT photos!! VERY cute babies!~ And BIG Freisian girl!! I had a 1/2 Friesian 1/2 thoroughbred filly that I had for a few years and got her as a baby til' she was 2. She's the one big horse I SOOOOOOOOOOO Regret selling! This filly could do things with her body when she played that I have Yet see another big horse do! She was just out standing! My plans with her was to be my dressage horse........BUT was just starting to go threw my divorce and she was too young to ride and decided my 3yr.old quarter gelding who I raised as a baby and now wish I would of sold him verses her...... she was just THEE NEATEST horse ever...... she's some where down in AZ....... but she would NOT be the same if I was to ever get her back........ maybe some day I will get one.....

But right now I am PLEANTY beasy and VERY content with my minis!!
default_yes.gif

aww, I am so jealous. I just love friesians. Very cute. I think its neat how your mare lifts her leg. I can't say I've ever seent that before.

Beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing them!

Liz

Oh, very cute photos!! The Fresian looks like she's being very careful not to scare the tiny one away but letting her smell her nose.

Love the one too of the mama with her leg waaaay up so the foal can nurse. Looks like she's using the railing to help hold herself up, LOL!!

Thanks for sharing- very cute pics
default_biggrin.png

Your friesian and filly are so cute! Beautiful photos!!!!

Thanks everyone!
default_smile.png
Glad you enjoyed them
default_smile.png

Radiance, my Friesian, is a very nice girl. I got her as a weaner and my mini donk Earl as well, 3 months apart, and they grew up together for awhile. She was always so good and so careful with him. Now that she's bigger I no longer allow her to play with anyone little for safety reasons, although I know she'd never intentionally hurt them (but one misplaced kick... no thanks!). But when I turn out the little guys in that area, she always likes to say hi ;)

It took a long while for the other big horses to accept her for some reason, so she always felt more comfortable around the little guys! LOL

Here's a photo of her hiding behind the minis when she was a baby!

1ce1c37a.jpg

Saying hi to Chianti when I got him

1148efa0.jpg

Sharing her dinner with Earl and two of my goats

dinnertime7.jpg

And I can't help but share some photos of just her...

radi435-25-8.jpg

radi375-25-8.jpg

radi365-25-8.jpg

radi255-25-8.jpg

raditrot7.jpg

radifly.jpg

Jessi

(Edit to add: the chain link fence is older photos, that fence was replaced with the green panels)

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome Pics!!

You have a very beautiful and fun looking herd big and small. And Variety!

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you!
default_smile.png
I sure enjoy them ;)

You can see each and read about them (except the foals, need to update my website!!!) at www.CheyAutRanch.com

Jessi

You're so fortunate to have a Friesian. I've always wanted one about 16 or 17 hands tall with one of those manes down below its knees.
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back