My friend's son

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vicky Texas

Reaction score
Hello Gang

I am sadden to say this update is let you all know that Dakota is gone. This beautiful little boy

is now in Heaven. I learned that on Friday, he had no brain activity. Friday, when a nurse gave

him a shot, he flinched, and showed some brain activity. Unfortunately the Doctors were unable

to stop the bleeding, and he continue to throw the blood clots. On Sat. at 10:30 AM, he had

a blood clot hit his spinal cord, and there was no more brain activity. They did more test at

6:30 PM, still none. Kelly and Steve made the decision to donate his organs and take him off

life support. This was done at 10:30 PM. So Dakota is gone.

I also learned this AM, that the cause of death was not from a brain aneurysm. The cause for

his death was from the 4 wheeler, he had an accident on it while out riding it with his dad.

Dad was on one and Dakota was on another one. Dakota had the accident. The injuries were

to the brain, and the Doctors were unable to stop the bleeding in his brain. He had massive bleeding

and swelling. Everything they tried to do to stop the bleeding did not work.

We were told at work he had a brain aneurysm, they did not want us to know at work the real reason

for his death. I know his dad is having to deal with it, for buying his son a 4 wheeler. His parents

are still devastated at loosing their only child. Please continue to keep Kelly and Steve in your

prayers. I have not heard when his funeral will be yet.

Thank You for the continue prayers for them.

Vicky

For parents who let their children ride these things, please take this post to heart, please don't let

them ride them or let them only if you are riding with them. Put helmet's on them. Helmets on

children for riding any thing... could save their lives.

Dakota, we will miss you our young friend.

I will pray for his family and friends. How awful to lose such a young life, my heart goes out to them all.

My prayers and sympathy to his family and friends. How awful to have a life cut so short.

Barbie

Hi Gang

Well, it was a tough day today with the Funeral. It was so beautiful, so heart wrenching.

I know this was the toughest funeral I have ever had to go to. Or sure a close one.

To see such a beautiful child gone. I did learn he WAS WEARING A HELMET WHILE

RIDING THE 4 WHEELER.

They showed the most beautiful tear jerker slide show of his life, several times through

the funeral. I cried from the moment it started, till it was over. There were pictures of him

from the hospital when he was born, all the way through his beautiful life. His family, his

teacher, and some of their friends wrote beautiful letters about him. The church was huge

and it was so full. The church use to be a grocery store, with a huge parking lot. It was

full. We had to park across the street in another store's parking lot.

Dakota love to fish, hunt and ride the 4 wheeler with his dad. He had been riding one since

he was 4 years old. They showed pictures of him riding them, always had a helmet on too.

He had such a beautiful smile, and loving heart.

They said through his donation of organ's, 5 people will have a chance at life. 3 of the

people were in Texas, Houston, Austin, and Fort Worth. Another was in Washington DC.

I don't know where the last one was. What a beautiful gift he gave each of them.

Dakato was one of my kids last Summer in the After School Progam at Day Care, I was

one of his teachers. I so loved this little boy, his warm smiles, his jokes, his laughter,

his huge huges.

I will miss you forever Dakato.

Thanks for letting me share and all your continue prayers for Steve, Kelly, his family

and all his friends who loved him.

Vicky

Latest posts

Back