my friend

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlene

Reaction score
thought you guys might like to see a couple of pictures of a stunning animal. julie is owned by (or i should say SHE owns HIM) an elderly gentleman who lives up in the hills near the town where i work. she is 14 months old, he has had her since she was about 4 months. she is SO gentle, SO sweet and unbelievably strong! she goes everywhere with fred and whenever he is in town, he always stops by the office to pay us a visit.

this is fred's second wolf. he had a beautiful alaskan wolf, pure white, that died at the age of 14 last year.

Julie1.jpg

Julie5.jpg

Beautiful!

Does he have a permit to have a wolf? We had a friend who got a very large Alaskan Husky and had to find out the wolf percentage which had to be under 25% to be able to keep him. He lived in Ohio and it was about 20 years ago, so maybe things have changed or it may just be the city he lived in.

this is me and julie, taken last fall...

meandjulie.jpg

fred and julie, last fall...

FredJulie.jpg

me and "sammy" several months before he died...

SamNina1.jpg

yes, fred has a license. sammy came from alaska during a "round up" sort of thing where they were thinning out the wolf population. his mother had been killed, mistakenly, and her litter of young pups was placed with different people.

julie came from a woman in missouri who rescued her (i'm not sure from where, never got the whole story, too busy lovin' on her!). fred used to take sammy to the petsmart near st. louis (as he does now with julie). a woman came there because she knew fred was scheduled to be there. she had julie, who (at 4 months of age) had become uncontrollable. she asked fred to take her and knowing that sammy would not be with him much longer (his health had been failing), he jumped at the chance.

She is gorgeous! From what I understand it takes a special human to manage a wolf.

She's breathtakingly BEAUTIFUL!!! I have a special fondness for wolves.
default_yes.gif
default_wub.png
Fred seems like a very special man.

yes, fred is a very special person and yes, it definitely takes a knowledgeable person to manage a wolf. fred has absolute control over julie, just as he did sammy. being young, she can be a handful. i did not meet fred and sammy until 4 years ago when sammy was 10. he was 150 pounds of pure, unadulterated couch potatoe!
default_smile.png

after sammy died, the folks at petsmart sent fred a lovely pet memorial headstone with sammy's name on it as well as a DVD of videos taken over the years of his visits to the store. fred gave me a copy, i watched it a couple of nights ago. amazing to see sammy giving kisses to little children. he was completely trustworthy, just a very sweet animal.

Oh Charlene, thanks for sharing, never would have known it was a wolf, amazing looks like a big lovely dog...
default_aktion033.gif

friend of mine has wolf X husky, but is a one person dog...
default_wub.png

aww, I love wolves. My dad was just showing me pictures this weekend from the reservation. They now have a pet timber wolf. As long as its kept on chain he's great, otherwise he bolts. lol But they said he is the most timid and you walk up to him and he just rolls right on his back giving you the dominant hand. I think I'd be a good owner to care for a wolf. I'm a very dominant person, all my animals know it and dogs I work with at work, who I might only meet once behave themselves when In my care, but are animals in the hands of another. So I'm always the lucky one to handle the aggressive caution beware dogs at work. Lucky me!

very pretty..I myself would never own one and I believe that only certain people should...and as I once said in another thread...I would never want my neighbor to own one...wouldn't want one that close to me...however, they are very beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

aww, I love wolves. My dad was just showing me pictures this weekend from the reservation. They now have a pet timber wolf. As long as its kept on chain he's great, otherwise he bolts. lol But they said he is the most timid and you walk up to him and he just rolls right on his back giving you the dominant hand. I think I'd be a good owner to care for a wolf. I'm a very dominant person, all my animals know it and dogs I work with at work, who I might only meet once behave themselves when In my care, but are animals in the hands of another. So I'm always the lucky one to handle the aggressive caution beware dogs at work. Lucky me!

Aww, that makes me sad to think of a wolf living life on a chain
default_sad.png

why thank you matt, how sweet.
default_smile.png

the only time sammy was on a chain and the only time julie is chained is when they are away from fred's place. he has fence up to keep them in with lots of room to run. sammy was never far from fred, they were joined at the hip. fred has 2 couches in his living room. julie is learning which couch is hers!
default_biggrin.png

What a Beauty!!

Fred sounds like a great owner..

Thanks for sharing her with us and Sammy too, he was a handsome boy!

Missy

Latest posts

Back