My four nights in the barn with Dreamer

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockin r

Reaction score
Night one...

It can be quite scary, the noises' you hear in the dark. I think I said "What was that"????

Who said that? What was that noise????? Darn Im cold, a hundred times. I saw three mice run across the railing, their names were OH, MY and GOD!

Night two...

What is that smell???? OMG! Bee do you have to do that right at my head!

Cricket!!! Leave Dayja alone! She is trying to sleep!

There is OH, MY and GOD again! Finally all is quite and then out of know where Miranda has decided that she can't see her buddy Dreamer from the other end of the barn and starts to nickering VERY loudly and wakes up the entire barn...Burrrrrrr it's cold. Sleep, need sleep....

Night three...

There IS THAT NOISE again??? What is it!!! Good God almighty! Sugar is snoring! All night I might add.

Bee is blessing me with her aroma again... They are all up peeing at the same time, someone crack a window! HUH??? WHO IS THAT??? It can't be, Dayja is nickering in her sleep! Cricket LEAVE DAYJA ALONE!!!

Night four...

What day is it??? It is dark, What time is it??? Everyone is settling down for the night, There goes Hickory, Dickory and Doc across the railing. Dreamer is asleep in my lap, Bee is boofing all night long, Sugar is snoring, Dayja is nickering in her sleep, Cricket is trying to wake Dayja up, and Miranda is softly talking to Dreamer. There is no place like "home".

That is just Beautiful!! You made me feel as though I was right there.

Shelia B.

All the girls are going to want you to have sleep overs in their rooms now.

Be lots better to do it for the fun of it.......and now you know all their little

night time secrets.

You're a great Mom, Theresa!

Cute LOL. It is insightful to spend some nights in the barn! You get to know your horses in ways you never imagined.
default_new_shocked.gif
default_biggrin.png

Jan

Great diary of your 4 nights in the barn and made me feel like I was there with you oh wait I was there with you while the camera was on. lol I loved all of it except OH my God who became Hickory Dickory Dock they would always be OH My God in my book I hate mice. Great progress so far on Dreamer and wonderful lessons learned.

Great little story. Made me chuckle with OH...MY..and...GOD. I would imagine I would feel the same. You were great to be there with her. Glad to hear she is on the mend. I keep sending prayers and well wishes. Good luck Sunday.
default_wub.png
default_smile.png

Your a special person Theresa. You laugh back at lifes trials and tribulations. That's a good quality and it helps you keep your sanity. I have to do it myself all the time. It must have been a really tough one staying in the barn for 4 days, I can hardly imagine. Just walking out to the barn can be scary at 2:00 in the morning. You seem like the sweetest person too and a great sense of humor and the best kind of Mommy.

Prayers for Dreamer,

Mary

[SIZE=10pt]What a great recap of your nights spent with Dreamer - you are truly a great "mommy". Hope Dreamer is soon home with you again. It seems strange not to see her on camera.[/SIZE]

Barbie

Hey girl, I have some barn cats you can have to get rid of those mice.

I found out when I slept in the barn when Angel was so sick, when Legacy was first orphaned, and when Maggie was sick, that I also have a horse that snores way louder than my hubby does. Your words brought it all back including the freezing part.

I didn't put the words together as well as you did by any means though. Thanks for sharing!

default_new_rofl.gif

That was a cute story thanks for the chuckle!
default_biggrin.png

default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
Cute story after a really tough week. I am so glad to hear that Dreamer is doing better.

By the way, I think OH, MY and GOD have relatives in my barn.
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cute.

And you are right, there is no place like home. With all the good, bad, and everything in-between, I wouldn't change a thing. I am greatful and feel very blessed to have my family and myself share our lives with our critters.

Sorry you had such a bad week, but all good things come full circle. Hang in there,

Carolyn

Thanks for the smiles this morning! That was fun to read! In the wake of what you and Dreamer have been going thru, to let us come into your barn with your barn cam was special....to let us in on your nights spent with Dreamer was heartwarming.

Oh Theresa. I am sorry you had to have that experience, but it is one that you now will remember with some humor, as you have already demonstrated.

I have spent MANY nights on foal watch in the barn aisle, before the wonderful advent of barn cams and halter alarms. It is an eye opening experience! Literally! LOL

Hi Theresa, You have the makings of a wonderful book! Great book for horse owners or a picture book for kids! ... Will be thinking of you when you visit Dreamer tomorrow! ~ Becky

Latest posts

Back