My Forrest is failing...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Field-of-Dreams

Reaction score
We were at Nationals all week and just got home yesterday. While we were there Forrest began to have nosebleeds. At first it wasn't much, but by midweek they were more frequent and heavier. We have a friend who is also a vet and she checked him over for me. It's not good, she feels he has a tumor there and also felt a mass in his abdomen. She said it's not life-or-death right now, but I can see it coming. He's on Benedryl to shrink the nasal passages and slow the bleeding plus took him off the aspririn I was giving him.

I am so not ready for this. He's only ten. He has been my bestest friend for the whole ten years. I caught him as he was born... and he has not left my side, save two or three vacations, since then.

Please, prayers that I will have the strength to do what's right when the time comes. I will be so lost without him. But I don't want him to suffer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I FEEL FOR YOU,TOOK ONE OF MY CATS TO THE VETS TODAY AS SHE HAS LOST SO MUCH WEIGHT. HE SAID LIVER PROBLEMS,GOT HER ON MEDS AND WAIT AND SEE. THEY BECOME SO MUCH MORE THAN PETS AND BIG PARTS OF OUR LIVES AND FAMILIES. BEST WISHES

I am so sorry for your pal and that you have to deal with this.Just about 1 year ago I lost my Corgi buddy Yoshi to mouth cancer.She was diagnosed in August and in a little over 6 weeks I knew it was time to say goodbye.You will know when the time is right.Bonny Fogg told me "Grief is the price we pay for love."Praying that your buddy has much longer to be with you.He knows how much you love and care for him.Saying prayers for both of you.

Lucy, I'm so sorry you're going through this. No matter how long or short their lives, we're never ready to lose our friends.

When the time comes, Forrest will tell you and that will help you make the right decision.

Forrest is one lucky dog to have such a great human.

Im so sorry to hear about your Forrest. We just went thru the same thing w/our young GSD. Like Suzanne says...he will tell you when he is ready. I hope you dont mind but before we gave Quahog his last gift a very good friend of mine gave me a great little book. I just loved it,it helped me through so much I and would like to share it here with you. Its written by a young lady named Christine Davis. She also did the illustrations which I wish I could show you too.

For Every Dog An Angel

whenever a puppy is born on earth

a guardian angel waits nearby

to welcome the puppy into the world

and take it under her heavenly wings.

The guardian angel makes herself very small and snuggles in close to the soft,warm fur, telling her puppy how much it is loved and that it has come into the world for a very special purpose.

Even though the puppies eyes are closed, it feels the fluttering wings by its heart and knows the guardian angel is there.

All puppies come into the world with unique gifts. As time passes and the puppy grows, the guardian angel helps her puppy to understand just what makes it so special. Whether they are destined to become fast runners
default_aktion033.gif
, soulful singers
default_aktion033.gif
or peaceful sleepers
default_aktion033.gif

each puppy is perfect and the angel loves it just the way it is
default_wub.png

The day comes when the puppy must go into the world and start traveling down its own special path.

sometimes that path leads to a special place where a family has been waiting for their puppy to find them. And the guardian angel is happy, knowing her dog has found a loving forever home and it will never....ever...be left behind.

Angels like to visit when their dogs are dreaming. You may have seen a dogs paws moving while it sleeps. Perhaps it is on a high hill in a far away place dancing with its guardian angel.

all dogs bring the gift of love to the world. In that way they are very much like the angels. dogs will share their love with anyone. they dont ask for anything in return. But if someone takes a moment to scratch a dog under its chin and tell a dog how special it is, you can be sure its guardian angel is smiling.

From time to time a certain person and a certain dog meet,something happens that is just like magic!!

Its as if they have known each other before.

Each knows what the other is thinking and feeling.

they will be together always. and the guardian angel watches over the two with love, knowing her dog has found its forever person and the person has found its forever dog.

A forever person and their forever dog will share many experiences over a lifetime, like listening to favorite stories

and visiting friends who need cheering up.

They will watch hundreds of sunsets from up on the hill.

But the greatest gift these two will share is knowing what is in the others heart. Side by side,looking up at the sky on a starry night, a forever person and their dog will share all the secret hopes and dreams that are only told to a very best friend.

a dog can never really be separated from its forever person. neither time nor space can ever come between them. so when the dog comes to the end of its earthy life and must go on ahead with out its person beside them, the guardian angel becomes a loving bridge that connects the two friends for as long as the person remains on earth.

Sometimes dogs will cross the angel bridge and visit the earth while they are waiting for their forever person to join them.

You can never be certain where they might turn up.

you may feel four paws padding along next to you when you are walking in the park.

Listen carefully and you might hear a familiar voice joining in when you go holiday caroling.

so if you see the blanket rumple softly after you have curled up for an afternoon nap, its very possible your forever dog has come back to visit and is napping beside you.

nothing brings your forever dog more joy than knowing you are happy, even if that means bringing a new dog companion into your life. your forever dog lovingly remembers the special place he had in your heart, and is delighted to know that another dog will get to share all the love you have to offer.

Your forever dog may even come back and show your new dog the best spots for burying bones and where to watch for you to return at the end of the day.

so dont be surprised to see your new dog racing through the house as if its playing with an invisable friend........

it probably is.

As the years go by, you and your dog may find yourselves going more slowly as you take daily walks. The time may come when your dog leaves your side and crosses the bridge to be with your forever dog. In fact, there may be many animals who will share your life during the time you are here on earth.

One day, the angel bridge that your forever dog crossed so many years earlier will appear to you. And with the happy heart of a person who is going home, you will cross the bridge and find yourself welcomed by all the animal friends you made when you were on earth.

In the middle of all that love your forever dog will be waiting for you. it will be like the day you found each other on easrth. You will know you have been together before and nothing will ever separate you again.

And the angels will be happy,

knowing a forever person and their forever dog
default_wub.png
have found each other once more.

By Christine Davis

Prayers to Forrest and Your Family

My heart is going out to you.......Seeing your best fur buddy in trouble tears at the gut.

Thinking of you and Forrest......

I hope Forrest hangs in there so that you get some more time together. I never could understand how a horse could live to be 30 and I only get a good 12 years out of my dogs. Hugs to you and know that we understand what you are going through.

I know how hard this is on you Lucy. I'm really sorry this is happening to you and Forrest. A bad thing we all have to go through at one time or another. Hugs to you.

I'm so sorry Lucy.
default_sad.png

We are never ready to say good bye to our fur kids. Forrest knows you've been there for him his whole life and he knows you will be there to give him the final gift.

I hope he gets to stay with you a while longer.

i'm so sorry to see this. i lost my corgi girl to nasal cancer that started with little nose bleeds. having recently made the decision to lay my senior great dane to rest, i know what you are going through. wishing you strength to do what you know will be right when forrest has had enough. it's so hard to say good-bye to our furkids.
default_sad.png

I'm so sorry Lucy. I know how hard it is...many hugs, special thoughts, and prayers for you and your dear Forrest.

OMG, I have been there. I hits you right in the gut.

I say I never want to go through that again but then how can you live without a dog ? You are not alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sending you hugs and sincere sympathy and saying prayers for Forrest.

Oh my goodness, so sorry to hear this, hopefully they can get Forrest stabilized. I know how hard it is when things like this happen to our loved ones.

Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Latest posts

Back