My first Mini is in foal and due in 2 weeks!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

All Decked Out Mini Farm

Reaction score
Hello Everyone! I am new to this website, so still trying to figure this all out. We are a new breeder, currently only have 2 mares, but one of our mares is due in 2 weeks! she is due January 23rd, and is bred to a gorgeous smokey black splash overo. She is Van Lo bred, which is also very exciting to me personally. She is a Sorrel frame sabino overo, so very excited to see what she throws. Just a little post to share my excitement!

Dream Running.jpg

Imported 10-25-11 345.JPG

Imported 10-25-11 401.JPG

if you breed 2 overos together you run the risk of having a lethal white baby! hope everything works out good! dont forget to post pictures when it arrives!!

Yes, my mare is LWO+ and the stallion she is bred to is LWO-. We test all our mares and make sure that the stallions have been tested for that lethal gene before we breed. Thank you, will definitely post pictures when it arrives!

Hey! Welcome to the forum!
default_saludando.gif

Wishing you the best of luck with your mare!
default_yes.gif

Where are you located? What's your name?
default_smile.png

Thank you very much! Our Farm name is Called All Decked Out Miniature Horses. Our last name is Deckert, so my friend actually came up with the farm name, something to go with Deckert.
default_smile.png
We are located In Norco, CA. My name is Mackenzie, very nice to meet you!

default_saludando.gif
My hubby is born & raised in Redding CA and I'm 5th generation from King City CA (Salinas Valley)

Robin

Last edited by a moderator:
If some of you want to see who she was bred too, here he is! He is buckaroo bred, his great grandsire is the great Boone's Little Buckaroo. He is owned by Vandy's Miniature Horses, I have permission from them that I can post his pictures.
default_smile.png
http://www.vandysminihorses.com/Rio.html

RioandSam_070-399x600.jpg

RioandSam_085-400x600.jpg

RioandSam_015-600x400.jpg

RioandSam_162-600x401.jpg

Thats great! I love California, but with Dreams Eyes being so bad, she would be better suited for cold climates. We bought her from Vandy's, and before they owned her, she was abused, they never cleaned her eyes, and they got infected, so now she has scar tissue around her eyes, which makes them look puffy. But it doesn't hurt her, we just put medicine in her eyes twice a day.

default_saludando.gif
welcome from NJ

I love mom and dad can't wait to see this foal... don't forget to post pictures for all of us suffering from lack of new foal pictures this winter.

wishing you a safe and easy foaling

Hello, thank you!

Yes, I will definitely be posting pictures soon! Dream being so big, we dont think she will go on her due date, and usually minis dont, so I will post them as soon as she has it!
default_biggrin.png

looks like it is going to be a gorgeous foal, congrats on your breeding sounds like you are gonna start with a bang!!

Thank you! Yes I hope its going to be a beautiful foal. Dream has had two colts in the past, one has gone into the champion ring, so I am hoping for a filly this time, but mainly I am hoping for it to be healthy, thats all that matters in the end. :D

Hello, thank you!

Yes, I will definitely be posting pictures soon! Dream being so big, we dont think she will go on her due date, and usually minis dont, so I will post them as soon as she has it!
default_biggrin.png

Best of luck with your first mini foaling - please make sure to post photos!!!! Just a note about due dates - they are only a guideline - minis can foal from approx 300 days to over 365 days - which is a huge spread!!!! I keep track of each of my mares days of gestation - so that I have a guide for the next foaling - but even that doesn't always work - LOL!!!!

Do you have cams? Are you on marestare? It really helps to have your mare on cam with other folks helping watch!!!! Faithful marestarers are worth their weight in gold!!!!

Thank you! Yes I will!! Lol, I keep track of my girls too, there is this awesome website that has a foaling calculator, that helps me a lot.

I have been watching horses on marestare, but I dont have my girls on there because the internet cant connect that far, hopefully next year when my other girl is in foal, we will hook it up. I really wanted Dream to be on there, but we have a monitor on her, so we can watch her.
default_smile.png

Most foaling calculators are geared towards big horse mares.

I know some mini mares go a long time, but my mares always seem to go 294 days to 326....with most going around 307 or so.

It kills me to see people come here and say they lost foals in the sac because they were not yet watching them & they say their mares went "early" when it wasn't early for their mare. (could have been prevented)

I start checking bags etc pretty much each day or so after their 9th month. You never know with minis! LOL!

I'll be watching for your baby to be posted!!!
default_yes.gif

I found a Miniature foaling calculator specifically for Miniature horses, which was a shocker, because like you said, its mostly geared towards big horses. Yes, we start checking our mares when they hit 9-10month.
default_smile.png
It is really sad when people loose there foals, thats why we have monitors on them, but sometimes the do malfunction or get wet from them drinking, which never is good.

Thank you! I will be posting pictures hopefully soon!

Hi and welcome from Wales in the UK.
default_saludando.gif

From the look of Mom and Dad your pretty Dream will have a gorgeous foal. Hope all goes well and cant wait to see the pictures.

When you have a moment do pop over to the Mare Starers/Barn Cam Watchers Chat Board Forum on here - we are excitedly awaiting foals due shortly and would love to chat to you about your coming baby (and other animals).
default_yes.gif

Hello and welcome from Italy
saludando.gif
congrats, Dream is adorable and as for dad, well he is a real sex bomb
wub.gif
I can't wait to see this little baby.

Do you do milk tests? Oh I think you need to move over to the mare and foal thread so we can hound you with questions and photo requests
new_rofl.gif

Renee

Hello from Michigan!

Congrats on your foal to be! I bet you get a great cross and ya have a good hearted and knowegable person to help out like Vandys!

Hi and welcome from Wales in the UK.
default_saludando.gif

From the look of Mom and Dad your pretty Dream will have a gorgeous foal. Hope all goes well and cant wait to see the pictures.

When you have a moment do pop over to the Mare Starers/Barn Cam Watchers Chat Board Forum on here - we are excitedly awaiting foals due shortly and would love to chat to you about your coming baby (and other animals).
default_yes.gif

Hello! Thank you very much! Yes, Just made a thread for Dream. :D

Back