My first fun match!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa

Reaction score
I had my first fun match in Agility today! It was at my club's practice arena and it went SOO well!!

My first run was in Starters Standard. Standard means that you have all the equipment (jumps, tires, weave poles, table, dog walk, teeter, A-frame, shoot and tunnels). I wasn't even going to do it because we aren't very good at weaves, but my coach said I should and just use treats for the weaves. Using treats, collars, toys or any other aids in the ring during a fun match brings an automatic 5 faults. Andy, the dog I run, refused the tire, but other than that he did EVERYTHING!! We ended up getting 10 faults and 2nd place in our division!
default_risa8.gif

The second run was Starters Jumpers, which has only jumps, tires, tunnels and shoots. He refused two jumps, but other than that it was great! We ended that round with 7.64 faults and another 2nd!!!
default_488.gif

The third round was a last-minute add in for us. It was Intermediate Jumpers. This one was a LOT harder, it had more turns and complicated maneuvers. I am so proud of myself and Andy!! WE WENT CLEAN!!!
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
We ended up with 5 faults because I forgot to take the collar off and came 3rd, but we would have been third anyways because we had the slowest time of the three clean runs!

I am so proud of us!! I'm most proud of the fact that I nailed all the front crosses, something that I have struggled with since I started!!

I'm aiming for another one on September 20!

There are two videos of my run that my father recorded. I'll post those when they get uploaded!

woohoooo!!!!! i am SO jealous. i have not had time for any agility for several years and have so been wanting to get back into it. those dreaded front crossovers! LOL, i always looked like a newborn colt trying to figure out where my legs were supposed to go! can't wait to see your videos!

Thanks!

Oh GOD!!! I know! I've run over my own dog trying to do these things!!! EEP! Not good!
default_new_shocked.gif

Congratulations!! That sounds SO fun! I recently bought a book on Beginning Agility and I am looking forward to tryin git out. I think my new Catahoula pup will be wonderful at it, though I have never even seen an

Agility trial in person. Looking forward to seeing your videos!!

Congrats Lisa!! Sounds like you had fun!!

For some reason Agility has never interested me....I watched some corgis running trials at our National...nope, just not interested....I do know it takes a lot of time and training to do though! So way to go!!
default_smile.png

~kathryn

Congratulations, sounds like great fun!!!

Videos?

default_smile.png

Liz

haha sorry guys! I'm still waiting on them! Gotta wait til my father has time to upload them!

how fun! Congratulations!!! Im thinking about obedience work and field work with Henry and one of our smooth minis.... Im worried about getting embarased !

Lyn

Latest posts

Back