MY FIRST FOAL!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CheyAut

Reaction score
I work graveyard, and LOVE having my cam online (marestare is awesome!) so I can watch while I work...

I notice my mare Cocoa acting funny... then down and "bouncing." I call hubby and wake him up, tell him to get out there Cocoa is foaling! And I rush home. Hubby was nervous, but I talked him through it, and a baby was born!!!!

Wasn't a red bag, but the placenta came out right after the baby, and I ended up having to tear the umbilical cord!

It's a FILLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
default_smile.png

Either chestnut or red dun pinto. Cocoa did NOT want us anywhere near her precious girl, so pretty much after Cocoa got up she chased us away. So I had to watch from outside the stall.

Name ideas are welcome! Mom is HRK Kates Chocolat Creme de Coco, and dad is Late Attraction by Cochise.

Here are photos!
default_smile.png

cocoafilly114-29-8.jpg

cocoafilly144-29-8.jpg

cocoafilly234-29-8.jpg

cocoafilly294-29-8.jpg

cocoafilly474-29-8.jpg

cocoafilly514-29-8.jpg

cocoafilly494-29-8.jpg

cocoafilly584-29-8.jpg

When it comes to pintos, chestnuts are my fave... and she has the perfect amount of white for me
default_smile.png
I knew this baby would be a keeper way before baby was concieved, so I was THRILLED that she is JUST what I wanted!!!!
default_smile.png

Jessi

Congratulations! She's lovely! Great color and markings,too.

Late Night Caffé Mocha

Creme de la Creme

Congratulations on your beautiful keeper!

Very cute!!! I'm a sucker for pintos so this one is on my favorites list.

Enjoy!!!
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
She is beautiful!! She reminds me of my filly that was born the beginning of April. Enjoy your little sweetie!!

Thanks everyone!!!
default_smile.png
I tried to get more photos today, but didn't get many. Cocoa puts herself between me and the filly still. I'm sure she'll settle down sooner or later, but in the meantime, I WANNA PLAY WITH BABY!!!!

But I'd rather her be overprotective than unconcerned with her filly, so I guess I can be patient! ;)

Jessi

Congratulations! She's a beauty!
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Did you get to dip the stump?
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back