My first Big Show!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frizzle's Gal

Reaction score
I went to my first big show wit my gelding Frizzle. We were at the Geagua Fair. We got 3 4th places and beat a big time farm in halter!!!! He did GREAT i'm so proud!! Only it was a very long scary night. As we leaving we hear STOP STOP. We got about 3 feet and I turned around and saw the 2 minis running. RIGHT TWORDS THE DEMALATION DERBY!!!! I was scared to death!! Someone got my mini right away but the other mini (a stallion) would not let us get near him and to make matters worse people started chasing him!! I'm like no you dummys!!! But finally after about an hour we caught both of them!!! They arnt hurt luckily. Anyway I guess the trailer had come undone. What a night!!

I also have a few questions..... My horse streched AWSOME but we did'nt even get 3rd. He didnt exacly trot but does anyone have any idea why???????? Also He would not jump!! And this horse and jump 3 and a half feet and the jumps were low so I dont know why????? And he stopped right after the music in liberty. But we only got a 4th!!!!! ???????? Well I just thought I'd share my great adventure!!

In halter, it depends on your horse's conformation. How the horse acts is only part of it.

In jumping, he may have just been nervous, since this was his first show and he wasn't farmilliar with the jumps.

And for liberty, They judge on movement, as well as if you catch him in time

GOOD JOB!

Wow, great job on your showing! Glad to here all minis were safe too! MiniSeasons answered most of the things you asked. Good luck on your next show
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back