MY FAMILY IS MMOURNING THE LOSS OF MY 15 YEAR OLD NEPHEW......

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HaazeMinis

Reaction score
Haaze Miniatures of Auburndale ,Wisconsin
Hi Everyone
default_bye-sad.gif

We are in total shock right now and I hope we find the Autopsy results gives us a clue as to what happened!

Here is what I know at this time:
default_crybaby.gif

Jeremy had been sick for a couple of weeks with some type of virus that had been going around their household and my sister did not really think much of it at first and Jeremy never did like going to the doctor much , nor was he ever much of a complainer when he was sick. He was always a rather quiet and very sweet natured young man who doted over his Grandma (My Mom). Jeremy was Grandmas boy!
default_crybaby.gif

Anyway, he continued to get worse and his Lymph Nodes in his neck swelled up into hard masses on each side of his neck at which point he was taken in to the ER since he appeared to be very dissoriented at that point and that was Monday (4-21). The doctors said was a very sick young man who had Mononucliosis and gave him some antibiotics and pain relivers and sent them home.
default_no.gif

Tuesday(4-22) he did not seem any worse, but no better either so my sister called the doctor again and was told to give it another day or so and Jeremy kept repeating over and over that he was going to be fine.... He even told my Mom that when she went to see him on Tuesday(4-22) and it appeared to that his rash that looked similar to "Prickly Heat" was spreading to more of his "trunk/mid section" .
default_no.gif

By Wednesday (4-23-am) Jeremy appeared to be getting worse and not better,my sister was growing very concerned, but Jeremy insisted he would get over this and he would be fine and even talked with my Mom 2 x that day and said "Grandma I will be fine , Don't worry!" My sister called the doctor and made an Appointment for the Thurday (4-24) which Jeremy was un-happy about because he kept repeating he would be fine and not to worry about him!
default_crybaby.gif

Well, he did not make the appointment on Thursday!

My sister went to check on him in the lounge/familyroom where he had been most of that day reclined in the chair. At first glance she said it appeared that he was sleeping, however upon closer inspection she realized he was making gurgling type sounds, it was then she knew something was very wrong and found he had no pulse! So her husband and herself got him out of the chair and started CPR right away while waiting on the ambulance to arrive, but they were not able to revive him either and he was D.O.A. at the local hospital approx. 7:30pm 4-23-2008.....

Our family is total shock right now & I am flying out there Saturday for a week. I am really worried about my sister & her husband as well as my mother. I am also very concerned about the oldest son Justin who is 19 since Jeremy was his only full sibling and Justin & Jeremy's father is also deceased. Right now Justin appears to be doing Ok and is being VERY STRONG for his Mom and his Grandma.

Does anyone have any tips to give me? We have NEVER lost someone so young in our close knit family

Jeremy Arron Rupe we will Miss you always!!! ALL MY LOVE!!! YOUR AUNT JERI!
default_crybaby.gif

R.I.P. YOUNG MAN!!!!

These photos were taken last year when he came to Wisconsin with my Mom. She comes out here at least twice a year to visit. We were at St. Croix Falls. Ealier the week before we went to visit Marnie & Donna at Qtr Rae. We took lots of pictures while we was here and I plan on putting them and other photos I have of him growing up in a photo album for his mother to cherish.

Sorry for the typo's I am still trying to deal with this and really needed to talk with someone. Looking at the photos brought a flood of emmotions.
default_crybaby.gif

Thank Goodness I get to be with my grown Son & Daughter who also live in CA. They are taking it really rough too since we are all a very close knit family and Justin and Jeremy grew up with my kids but mine were a bit older, so they were good role models for Justin and Jeremy growing up.

Thanks for letting me share my grief.
default_bye-sad.gif

Jeri

100_1808.jpg

100_1812.jpg

100_1814.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so sorry to hear of your families loss.

I cant believe this has happened to it sounds like a wonderful boy...

Here's ((HUGS)) to you all and prayers that will help you get thru this bad time..

Missy

I am so sorry for the loss of such a wonderful young man.

There is never a right time to loose a young person, with

their life ahead of them....

I can tell, however from your words, that there was never

a moment he has not been loved and adored.

That is the gift - to let them know they are loved when

they are with us.......Hope each of you finds the peace

you need to get thru thru this. You are in my thoughts.

It is sooo hard to lose a young life. My prayers go out to you and his family. So very sad.

OMG, I am so very very sorry.
default_sad.png
I've never experienced such a terrible loss (hope I never do) and I can't begin to imagine the pain. My condolences to you and to all of Jeremy's family and friends. {{{hugs}}

So sorry for the loss of your nephew, what a shock. You and family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Oh how heartbreaking and devestating this is! I am so very sorry for the loss of your dear, young nephew. The pics show he had a wonderful personality and was a soft and gentle soul. I was very sad in reading this. I'm holding you and your family in my prayers that you will be able to find the peace and courage to continue to face the days coming ahead. I am so very sorry for your loss.

First thing I thought of was meningitis.

so So Sorry Jeri,
default_pray.gif
for you and your family.

Too too young
default_new_shocked.gif

I am so sorry for your loss......I lost my 4 year old Niece in october, after a sudden illness. There are no words to express my sorrow for your family, I am so heartsick for you guys. Please accept my condolences, I know they don't help much, but if there is anything I can do, I am here............

Alicia

Oh my gosh, I am sure you are all in shock....... please know my thoughts and prayers are with you all

in this most difficult time.
default_wub.png

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sooooo sorry, I can't hardly believe this......that is so scarey......My prayers to you and the rest of the family. I sure hope you get some answers, but this is just a shock and so devastating.

Prayers for you all.........
default_sad.png

So awful to read about your loss of such a very young person l couldn't even begin to imagine the hurt the family is facing...hugs

Jeri --

I am so sorry beyond words. I just cannot imagine how stunned and devastated I would be in your shoes if something happened to one of my nephews. So extremely sorry for you and the rest of the family!

Jill

I am so sorry for you and your family's loss. Keeping all of you in my prayers.

What a handsome young man! I cannot even imagine the shock.........I hope you, your sister, and the entire family can get some answers medically, just for your own peace of mind. PRAYERS to everyone!!!!

My deepest condolences to your family. I am sending prayers for you all.

I am so sorry! My heart goes out to you and the family.

Kay

Latest posts

Back