MY FAMILY IS MMOURNING THE LOSS OF MY 15 YEAR OLD NEPHEW......

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeri, I'm so very sorry to hear of the loss of your nephew. Any death is very hard to accept, but this must be extremely hard. I hope that your family finds some answers. May GOD place his loving halo of comfort and care around your family at this time and give you peace.

Davie

I am so very sorry....I can't begin to imagine.

I wish there were some comfort I could offer.

Liz

Jeri,

I am so sorry for your loss
default_no.gif
default_no.gif
. How sad to loose one so young. I hope they find out what caused it.

My thoughts are with you and your family. HUGS!!

This is going to be long and I am sorry in advance but I can not make it any shorter.

Thank You EVERYONE!

It was a real comfort to me knowing that your prayers were with us!

The services WERE BEAUTIFUL! The Church service was given by one of Jeremy's Teachers and it was not your typical Service either since there were so many poems & letters written by both his family and his friends that my sister thought Jeremy would like that better that just reading the "typical" sermon (sp).

We said prayers in between but it was really rough on his teacher who is a Minister at the church and was VERY CLOSE to Jeremy because he is the one that came forward when he found out what had happened and voluntered to do the services at his church. He actually wrote his own story about Jeremy and himself about what they shared at school in the time that he knew him. This man was visably shaken by this whole tragedy just like the rest of us!

Everyone was very choked up during the whole service as Jeremy's teacher/minister was reading alot of the poems and letters from family & friends about his life. What an outpouring of love & support from all our family and friends & Jeremy had so many friends that this church which was not that small could not hold all the people & kids!
default_smile.png
They were standing all along the walls of the church and lined up outside the church too and the kids at his high school reliquished their comfortable tables and chairs in the classrooms and gave up their lunch hour on Tuesday to organize & attend both the Memorial service on a week ago friday

and his funeral service this past Tuesday. The outpouring of love and support from those High School Kids and the High school staff was so overwhelming! They knew the kids would be gone for the rest of the day on Tuesday after the funeral so they canceled the state mandated testing the day of the the Memorial & the Funeral Services on Tuesday and the kids are going to make up the testing on their own time if needed. Jeremy had ALOT of friends that my sister nor his brothers had ANY IDEA of! We knew he was a sweet boy, but had no idea of how many people cared about him.

There were over 150 kids
default_new_shocked.gif
just at the services alone! Not counting all the all the Staff members from the school, friends and family! All we could do was smile through the tears of sadness looking around at all the people squeezed inside that church & it was really obvious how many when after the services at the Graveside services. When we got back to my sisters house on the hillside when my brother-in-laws (My sisters husband) unit staff from D.V.I. State Prison were he works were there withe the DVI Prison Warden and they had set everything up at my sisters house with a "Guard/Security" at the bottom of the front gate and parking guides to help park everyone. They also had set up all the tables and chairs and catered food & beverages and helped guide the kids that wanted to "hang-out" at Jeremy's Pond were he hung out and fish when he could at the bottom of the hillside on my sisters property. (there will be a Pond dedication in Jeremy's name later this month)

My sister said when they pulled up in their driveway it looked like there was "Secret Service" people there and she actually smiled when she said it.
default_smile.png

I am proud of my sister! She is holding up better than expected, but I think she is doing it because there are 5 other boys including 8 year old twin boys that also lost their brother too. They do not truely understand what has happened yet. My sisters family is a combined family of his, hers and ours. the Twins being "theirs" together and then Jeremy's full brother Justin (19 years old) & Donnie"s (My Sisters Husband) two sons Donnie Jr. aka-Daniel (23 years old) & CJ (21 years old) & of course the twins Derrick & Dylan (8 years old). All of them lived there and all but CJ were home when my sister found Jeremy in the living room that evening and I am sure this will be an image burned in their memory forever.

My Mom & Dad...god bless them.... they are really hurting too! My Mom especially since Jeremy was VERY close to my Mom and stayed at my Mom & Dad's quite a bit to get away from "The Chaos" he would sayto my Mom. Those two had a bond so my Mom is taking it really bad and still trying to stay together for my sister and the other boys, but it is rough!
default_no.gif

Tonight there is a candlelight vigil where my sister lives and the kids at the high school are all putting together a slide show of photos of Jeremy through his life that my sister and I picked out on friday, so I am sure today will be another rough night for my family only I won't be there to comfort them since I am back home now.
default_no.gif

As far as an update from the autopsy.

PRELIMINARY RESULTS ARE/Pending Toxicology reports:

He had MAJOR Damage to the right side of his heart and one of his lungs was full of fluid!

So, we feel SOMEONE OVERLOOKED SOMETHING when he was in the ER when he was there less than 48hours BEFORE HE DIED!
default_new_shocked.gif
We will keep you all updated on the results when the final comes out.

Thanks again for all the support! It means alot!

Sorry this is so long!

Jeri

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that sounded like a really beautiful service for Jeremy......It warms the heart to know SO MANY people cared for him. I imagine the family felt so blessed to see so many people at the church......

thanks so much for the update, and hang in there. hugs to you......

Thanks for the update, Jeri. Skip answering my email if you want--since I read this.

Jeremy sure was one loved boy. His death is a stone thrown in an ocean--the ripples will go on and on.

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your nephew. My prayers and sympathy go out to you and the rest of your family. Its nice to hear he lived a great life and made an impact on people while he was here.

God bless you.

Just getting back on the computer and I am so sorry to hear of your family's loss...

Prayers and hugs....

Denise

Silversong Farm

My sincerest condolences..I am at a loss for words here, hope God can give you strength to make it through such a horrible time.

He looks like a wonderful guy and I know he will be sorely missed.

Maxine
default_sad.png

I am so sorry for the loss of your nephew. How so heart breaking to loose him.

Prayers and hugs to you and your family.

Vicky

Latest posts

Back