My Colt is a Clown

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alphahorses

Reaction score
I have been trying for a long time to catch some of my colt's antics on video tape. He'll do this for hours, but he stopped if he sees you. He started playing this morning while I was sitting at my desk, and I decided that a video taken from the office window is better than no video at all!

Sometimes he will get up on his hind legs and twirl his bucket around. Unfortunately, I have not been able to catch that... yet!

Video of Buckeye WCF Classical Dynamo playing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrs4K8yHjPE

Last edited by a moderator:
Now he is having fun dispite the weather and most people are in the house bored.

haha this is too cute!!!
default_laugh.png

What a goof! That was fun to watch. I bet he would love one of those indestructible balls to play with!

What a goof! That was fun to watch. I bet he would love one of those indestructible balls to play with!
He actually has a jolly ball that he likes to throw around his stall. You can see it near the fence in the video. But outside, he seems to like this better. I was cleaning his lot last fall, and stepped away for a few minutes. When I came back he was dragging the 1/2 full muck bucket around the lot by the handle. I left it there when I finished, and he had so much fun with it, that it became a permenant toy. It is one of those heavy-duty plastic buckets with a rope handle - it was not cheap! But he - and my other colt - have so much fun, it's worth it. I remove it when I'm not home so they don't get a hoof caught in it when I'm not around.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's so cute and what a little comic, so full of himself and having fun.

Hope you can catch him up on his hind legs twirling his bucket, would love to see that!

How funny and cute! One of our soon to be 2 yr olds is like that. Today we watched her playing with one of the hoola-hoops they have. While the others were napping or nosing around the hay that we spread out this morning, she's off by herself picking up the hoop with her teeth, walking over it, holding it, pawing at it...just amusing herself for a while.
default_wub.png

Thats cute.... and smarter than my boy. He likes to put his head inside the bucket and push it around with his nose- at a canter and totally unable to see anything. I don't let him play with them anymore because I'm so worried he will hurt himself smashing into the fences! I wish he would be content to play like your boy.

I LOVE horses that enjoy playing. They are so much fun. Your boy is hysterical.

We use liquid laundry detergent and save the bright red plastic containers for the horses. They are really sturdy and once rinsed out make a great toy for them to fling around... and when they inevitably finally break, we just toss them a new one
default_smile.png

Back