My Breyerfest results!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wsf

Reaction score
Well I finally got my breyerfest pictures on my computer so I thought I'd share them. I only got two pics from the show, I was so busy showing almost 60 models that I forgot about taking pics until the end. I had a great show. This was my second time at Breyerfest and my first time showing in the open show. My performance entries got a second and a third. They were a miniature horse hunter and a western trail setup. In the halter classes I got a lot of top tens and two of my models qualified for the model horse nationals. (though I very much doubt I can go.) But the best was my Big Ben model won its class and then went on to win Champion! So I won a rare model also.

Here is my Big Ben Model:

breyerfest2005-1.jpg

this pic shows the model's more actual color.

breyerfest2005-2.jpg

biggrin.gif

I've collected models since 1974, starting with the Proud Arabian Foal. I now have over 250 models, but I don't know ANYTHING about showing them.

Do you have to repaint or reposition them? Do they get shown in original finish only? Do you customize them?

Tell me what you can about showing Breyers, please?

Heidi

I have always adored breyers... now what are your modles being judged on here? Did you paint him? I am so confused, but would Love to hear more about them!!

Contgrats on your win
aktion033.gif
and thank you for the pictures!!!

Heidi said:
I've collected models since 1974, starting with the Proud Arabian Foal.  I now have over 250 models, but I don't know ANYTHING about showing them.
Do you have to repaint or reposition them?  Do they get shown in original finish only?  Do you customize them?

Tell me what you can about showing Breyers, please?

Heidi

521132[/snapback]

Heidi, you only need a clean, relatively unscratched model for OF. One with good conformation is preferred, as it IS judged just as a real horse would be (unless you're doing collectablilty, then it's mostly on rarity, age and condition. I have many old models and usually kick butt in the collectability classes...
laugh.gif
) If you are doing customs, then that model MUST have all conformation flaws fixed, AND have a perfect paint job, too....

I show mostly original finish models. Oh, for a while there I showed everything- chinas, customs, resins.... but went "back to my roots" and my first love- OF Breyers.
wub.gif
I do have several Peter Stone horses, but have pretty much given up on them (too many and too expensive)

I'm also a performance addict. Just love thinking up new setups.

I did well at BF, too. Several NAN cards, one Reserve Champion. Lotsa thirds and fourth places..
rolleyes.gif
Didn't do do well in the Special Run classes, but pretty good in the regular run classes. I show a lot of "chalkies" and they did awesome!

I work the Children/Youth show, and I tell ya, we seniors are gonna be in big trouble in a few years.... those kids are GOOD!

Lucy

Congratulations on the results, and the NAN cards, etc.!

smile.gif

Wish there were more photos.

I went to Breyerfest 1990...wow, it was a lot of fun. That was the very first one they had. They gave out a Dr. Peaches model (the Phar Lap mold). Most of all the fun was seeing the Horse Park, but it was wonderful to meet so many hobby legends and attend the seminars, and shop, shop, shop.

Oh, and a bonus was the Julep Cup (Mini horse show), but I didn't own any minis at that time, and wouldn't for another 5 years.

Thanks for sharing the results!

Liz M.

That is so neat, I've collected since the 60's and although I still have most of them, they are resting in a box somewhere in my attic
sad.gif
Maybe it's time to dust them off
rolleyes.gif

CONGRATULATIONS on both of your triumphs, wooooooo hooooooooooooo
aktion033.gif

spotted pony girl said:
I have always adored breyers... now what are your modles being judged on here? Did you paint him? I am so confused, but would Love to hear more about them!!Contgrats on your win 
aktion033.gif
and thank you for the pictures!!!

521133[/snapback]

In halter classes there are different sections to show in, regular run OF, Special Run OF, custom, ect. (I only showed in the RROF and the SROF). Models are then seperated into breed catagories(pony, draft, ect.)

The models are judged on condition, conformation, breed characteristics; also you chose the breed your model is and you are judged at how well the model fits that certain breed. You also choose a name for your model. The model's breed, name and your exibitor number are written on a tag attached to the models leg for the judge to see.

Also, models in halter classes are not allowed to have tack on them or they will be disqualified.

Latest posts

Back