My BOB colt playing around in the fog...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chamomile

Reaction score
Here is my BOB colt, Buck Ons Too Dark and Dangerous aka Dane playing around in the fog this morning. I just love how they look when they are all covered in frost! He is such a ham... I can't wait for liberty classes this year!! I think he is absolutely going to shine! He does this on cue :bgrin and also we kind of dance together when we practice for liberty. Ooooh it's going to be so much fun!!

danerearing.jpg

And here he is waiting to see what I'm going to ask him to do. I wanted to get a close up of his frosty face. It's so pretty when it covers their loooong eyelashes and whiskers!

danefrosty.jpg

And here's my show mare Buck On Dan's Whiskey Girl. I just LOVE her hair do in this one :bgrin

whiskeywildhair.jpg

Isn't it amazing how different these hairy "horses" look in the show season?? To see them in all their glory take a look at my website and click on the "Show Horses" page... It's pretty amazing!

default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
: Those pictures are so cute. It looks VERY cold where you all.
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
: The weather here in Mississippi has been down in the 20's at night, but no SNOW.

MELISSA

Loved your pics!! I also have a BOB colt. Buck Ons Two Timer. I just love him. Will be driving him next year :aktion033:

Just a word of caution. The very first liberty class I saw there was a lady there who had a stallion and they really, really danced together. I was fascinated!! She could send him off, he reared on command. I wish I had taken film of it. I have never seen anything like it. I couldn't believe it when she didn't even place! :no: I asked why and was told (and have been told since) that liberty is all about the horse playing on his own. The judges want the horse to show all gaits. If they play, buck, etc. they usually get more points. Anyway, just wanted to let you know about that. Personnaly, I wish there was a class for 'trained' liberty horses. It's just so fascinating to realize how beautifully they can be trained.

Pam

default_wub.png
: Love the picture of your little guy rearing! It's amazing what a good clip will do to these guys in the spring! They go from hairy beasts to beautys!
default_yes.gif
:

What wonderful loving WINTERY photos!
default_wub.png
:

MA

Looks like home here :bgrin I love that second picture. What a sweet attentive face. You can see the love in him.

Thanks for sharing,

Maxine

That looks familiar. Except I don't have the fog HAHAHAHAHA My BOB son plays like that too. He is a hoot! It must be colder up there in Montana. HAHAHAHA

outlaw

Okay Outlaw!! I think they come by this naturally!!
default_yes.gif
: Here is the man himself... BOB (Little Kings Buck On Broadway)!!

bobrear05.jpg

And another!!

BOBJUMPO5.jpg

These were just taken last year, so I think we have years of fun and play ahead of us!! I just LOVE watching Dane out there. He plays and plays. I don't even have to work him to keep him in shape for the show ring. He does it all himself!!

Hi Debs! Yes he is just icing! Both him and Whiskey are what make me smile when I'm grumpy. When I'm sad they make me laugh and Dane is always good for a wet slobbery kiss
default_rolleyes.gif
: In fact he demands one from me every morning! Whiskey is too much of a proper girl for that but she does give me fairy kisses. She wouldn't want to be left out!

That is funny! I don't ever have to work my guy either. He naturally is just a very in shape guy. I swear he is half deer or something. He runs around the pasture then does that little deer hopping thing. HAHAHAHA He is just too cool! He is also a blast to drive and SOOOOOOOO smart.

scan0004.jpg

This is us driving last summer. He is almost HOF in Country Driving.

This one is us at Nationals last year. We didn't place but considering he had only been in the cart 12 times I was happy we survived. HAHAHA

DesignatNationals05.jpg

outlaw

Great pics!!! Gotta love those BOB kids!
default_wub.png
: Not that I'm partial to them or anything ...

Wish I could share a picture of Armando frolicking in the snow, but so far we've had mostly MUD, MUD, MUD ... ewwwwwwww! I feel really guilty ... after so many people have had such hard times because of TOO MUCH snow, I'm actually looking forward to a good snowfall. Makes me feel like a kid again.
default_wink.png
:

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for adding your photos Outlaw! I just love your guy
default_wub.png
: He is so pretty and sounds like he is just as much fun as my Dane! I have some friends up here that saw you drive him in Blackfoot ID last summer. They said he is a very nice horse and a joy to watch in cart!! Congrats and I can't wait to get Dane hitched :bgrin Dane's Dam is a Reserve National Champion in Open Pleasure so I'm crossing my fingers that we can drive Open Pleasure!! He would be my first true Open horse!

Nan! I love your stallion. In fact he is the first BOB son that I ever saw, years ago in one of my many internet frolicks! Armando is just such a beautiful little guy and seems so willing and wonderful! It's because of him that I went searching further and found my guys! I have two granddaughters of BOB and now Dane is here too! It's an absolute dream come true. I feel so lucky every day that I met Angie!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back