My biggest PET PEEVE

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srpwildrose

Reaction score
I replied to an ad on the sale board last week, someone in my area (KS, OK, AR) wanting a young AMHA/AMHR palomino colt..............so I replied...........she/he wanted current pictures..............so went out and took alot of pics (and of course it takes time, and it was 90 + degrees)...........emailed them..........****PET PEEVE****......never getting a reply at all.
default_sad.png
Please everyone out there have the courtsey to at least "respond" when you post a "wanted" ad on the sale board..............it does take time to take pictures, down load them, edit them, email them, etc..........

Has this happened to some of you????

Thanks for listening/reading.
default_smile.png

yes, it has happened to me too. It would be nice if they at least would e-mail saying that it wasn't quite what they were looking for.

As a matter of fact for the last 3 years, i have had the same person e-mail me back and forth about a foal that i have had born each year...and act very interested and after many e-mails and pictures,..i hear nothing.

I kinda chuckle, I am not sure if they do it to just me or more people
default_wacko.png
:

But who knows, i always respond and maybe some year they will actually buy a foal from me.

Yes, many times. Some never acknowledge that they get the email, some act really interested and want more photos then no reply, and occasionally even after I have given up on them, one will turn around and buy.

It really is nice when a person will acknowledge that they have received the pictures and and if they are not interested, simply state that it is not what they want, too high, too far away, etc.

I have had e-mails intiated by the interested party......I respond with either the info and/or photos they requested, and as you said -- NO RESPONSE.

I know, it doesn't take a lot to say -- Thanks but no thanks........ and from how people have treated us, I have definitely learned how to treat OTHERS. Guess there's a lesson learned??? <sigh>

MA

I guess I always fiugre in that perhaps they never got the email although after a few emails back and forth and then no response I guess that one wouldnt work
default_smile.png

I guess I always fiugre in that perhaps they never got the email

This is why I always send one e-mail with minimal information, asking them to acknowledge my e-mail (I usually tell them that I"ve been having internet troubles and want to be sure they are getting my e-maill), then once they respond, I send pictures and more information. At least, I know my e-mails are getting through, and there isn't a computer problem in addition to lack of courtesy.

I haven't yet put any of my horses up for sale, but that kind of inconsideration happens in many circles, from all types of people. I breed Holland Lop rabbits and, just recently, had a very interested, nice woman express a strong interest in purchasing two gorgeous broken sable kits. She wanted me to hold them as she was moving to a farm and wanted to get everything set up in the new barn for them. I normally won't hold unless I get some form of deposit but...she seemed so interested. She emailed me several times and said how excited she was and that her nephews couldn't wait. The weekend that she wanted to meet and get them came and went. I emailed her and said that if she had second thoughts she should have called/emailed me so I could sell them to someone else (by this time they're getting older/bigger and so a bit harder to sell). I've gone ahead and sold them to someone else. Hence I will not, when the time comes, be taking people at their word when it comes to selling horses.

Yes, it has happened to me more times than I'd like but I guess that's life. Not all folks are considerate.

What irks me more is people who come out and view the horses to buy, then say they will think it over and get back to you if they are interested or not and then they never do.

I had the same problem selling Magic!!A guy e-mailed me for more pics and info took the pics sent em. He e-mailed back asking for more so out I trudge. More pics he e-mailed back saying he would send me a check. I said I would rather you came and saw her first. He e-mailed back saying Ok i will call you. So i waited and no call no more e-mails...grrrrrr....but Im glad he didnt because it would have been a big mistake!!
default_yes.gif
:

My biggest pet peeve is when they make an appointment to come see and then they never show up!! Talk about a waste of time , and I always ask them if they cannot make it to just call me and let me know. What a waste of a day!!
default_wacko.png
:

I'm going through this right now with a mare I'm trying to sell. Woman and her daughter came down, spent 4 hours here. We had a wonderful evening talking. The horse and daughter seemed to click. didn't hear from her for a few days. I emailed inquiring if they had made it home OK. Got a reply on that one. Finally offered me less money than I was asking and I'm practically giving the horse away anyhow. Said OK to lower price. Then heard from her that the well had gone bad, the truck had blown up, etc. I offered to deliver for the price of a tank of gas. Never heard back. So I threw the mare back out on pasture. Maybe I'll have better luck with the next one.
default_wacko.png
:

I've put out a couple of want ads before asking for a specific type, color, sex, etc of horse. I've received emails that were not even close to what I had been asking for, i.e. sending pix of stallions when I asked for mares, sending pix of a totally different color horse then what I was asking for. I normally don't respond to those emails. I do try to respond to those who send something close to what I was looking for, but honestly sometimes I was just so inundated with emails, that I didn't respond to everyone as I was just too overwhelmed. I apologize for that and realize that if the seller took the time to take pictures and send them to me, the least I could have done was thank them for their time. If I ever place another want ad, I will try to do better and respond to those who were kind enough to send me pictures and information on their horses.

Then heard from her that the well had gone bad, the truck had blown up, etc. I offered to deliver for the price of a tank of gas. Never heard back.

Hey, where are you from? I had the EXACT same excuses! :lol:

Or the ones that say they'll call you back. Nope. *sigh*

If you don't want them any more, TELL ME. If you think you still want them, but haven't talked to me in a while, TELL ME. If I don't hear from someone interested in one of my horses in over two weeks, sorry, next person gets him/her.

Lucy

Latest posts

Back