My Babies are Graduating...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt73

Reaction score
So bittersweet. Four of the six Berner pups are going to their families tomorrow. One is leaving on the 23rd. We're keeping our Katie-girl.

I took them all (6 pups and 3 big girls) for a big long walk/romp/last hoorah tonight. They've had their microchips inserted, been vaccinated, are all extremely healthy, active little ones. I'll be sad/happy to see them go; it's like caring for six two year olds...as all you dog breeders know. I'm just so thankful that I've helped to raise happy, healthy puppies that are going to great homes. We're in regular contact with all the owners from her previous litter and they're all spoiled big pups (we're babysitting one from T.O. right now) and I hope to stay in contact with everyone from this litter too. It's nice to know that all my kids are going to the best homes.

Oh well...until next year...If I thought I was busy this year, Heidi will be having her first litter: So...2 litters of Berners and...one BEAUTIFUL foal
default_pray.gif
P.S. I have Lexus turned out with Royal (the man) and they're civil but distant. She's keeping him at bay. Me thinks she's in foal
default_biggrin.png

I'm glad you have found good homes for your babies. I definitely understand that sad/happy feeling when they leave.

I know exactlu what you mean Matt. ours have started leaving for their new homes now too. Sad but at the same time I am so happy for their new familes. We have hand picked each person and placed an appropriate pup in that home and so far everyone is a perfect fit! I get updates constantly and know all their names. It is so wonderful to see such happy familes and happy puppies. And yes, I know I still owe you Samantha Kitty pictures. She is with us now, we are in Oregon for an event. We brought a couple of puppies for training and boy she is jealous. She loves to play with them but when mom plays with them that is just not ok with her highness. I take them out to the grass to run and she sits in the doorway and just howls!! She has potty mouth and I am not sure where she got it from either.
default_wink.png

one of the puppies was in her spot in the truck while we were driving up here and she got so fed up she walked over and laid on top of her. She is such a character.

Ok, pictures soon and conratulations on teh good homes and happy pups! Could not ask for more!

They do grow up way too quickly!!!!
default_wub.png

And it is hard...you're happy that they are going off to a new happy family, glad that the work will be a bit less
default_smile.png
and you can concentrate your time on your own pup, and sad because they did spend the first 8 weeks of their lives with you...

Hope you have pictures to post!!!
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
default_wub.png

~kathryn

Last edited by a moderator:
NO WAY!!!! Matt they cant be leaving already....They were only just born!!!!!

Wow they grow up so fast
default_new_shocked.gif

I know! Can you believe it? They're actually leaving at 7 weeks. They're FAT and healthy and mom's not letting them suck anymore. So...they are going.

Latest posts

Back