My aquarium

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maplegum

Reaction score
I know that many of you also love keeping fish. It's a new obsession for me and it's been a perfect time waster while the weather is wet and cold here in Australia.

This is my new tank. It's 215 litres. I think that is 55 gallons? It has live plants which I just love and so do the fish.

IMG_1516.jpg

Here is my little buddy, "Fin". A veil tail Betta/Fighting Fish. He is super friendly and will eat from my hand!

IMG_1359.jpg

A picture of him in his old tank.

fin-1.jpg

This is "Pip". Still not sure is she is a Mollie or a Platty.

tail1.jpg

And "Mollie", a balloon Mollie. She is in the pic with Pip.

IMG_1528.jpg

And a Bristlenose Catfish. He stays out of sight most of the time so I was lucky to snap a photo of him.

IMG_1439.jpg

Leonie

Your tank is beautiful! I love the live plants but have no luck with them myself! Is your drift wood real? I have to say those first and last pictures are so cool! The depth looks great, and it gives you the impression that your looking at a little part of the lake! Love it! I can't get over what an eye catching center piece that piece of wood makes!!!! BEAUTIFUL!
default_wub.png
Love your fish and tank! Great job!

Your aquarium is beautiful, Leonie!!! I love it!!!
default_smile.png

I am pretty sure Pip is a platy. I think in platies, there are two basic varients, and she is one of those. I have some that look like her
default_wub.png

Fishkeeping is a great hobby
default_yes.gif

Oh what a beautiful aquarium!! I love your color scheme. Fish keeping is a great hobby especially in inclement weather. Right now I'm looking forward to fall and some cooler temps...we're in the hundreds...has been a very looong and hot summer so far.

The driftwood is real. It's called 'Gold vine' and it's from Mongolia. It's really special and it took me a while to find the right piece. It cost me a bit of money but it really is the centre piece of the tank.

I'm not sure how I'll go with the plants, so far, so good. I don't have any additional lights, only the lights that came with the tank and I can't be bothered getting into the whole Co2 setup. I have chosen low light plants and they are thriving.

I lost little Pip last night, dead when I woke this morning.
default_sad.png
I loved that little fish.

Glad you guys like my tank, I really am enjoying this new hobby!

xox Leonie xox

Latest posts

Back